Chapter 54: Sneaking in the school

*ring ring*

"Finally!"
"The week-end!"
*stand up* "Blackie, let's go"
*nod*
"Eluma, see you later"
"Yes"

...

In the art room, after the end of classes...

"So, everyone's here?"
"Akari, you're coming with us?!"
"I asked her to. Is... is that a problem" *look down*
"No! Not at all! We were just surprised because she's never... well..."
"Sociable?"
"Yes!"
"Lower your voice"
"Ah yes, sorry."
"Anyway, we should wait for a little longer before going out, because the security guy will check after half an hour."
"By the way, why did you guys choose the art room?"
"Because it's been so long since they last used it, and the keys are in the director's office. Plus during the second break, the director himself gave me the keys and asked me to check that everything's okay in this room."
"Wow! What a coincidence!"
"But wait, how did you know that he'd give you the keys?"
"... I accidently heard him talking with a teacher about checking the art room because it's been a long time since they last did, and he suddenly turned and looked at me. That is all"
"Ah okay"
"We're so lucky to have you Akari. Thank you for helping me."
"Indeed!"
"..." *nod*

Well, I'm not really lying. While going to the storage room, the director was indeed talking to a teacher about something, and they both suddenly to turned different ways. So I used this rare chance to hypnotize him. Well, it wasn't easy because there were many people around, so instead of directly ordering him to give me the keys, I gave him an easier and quicker order to call me out during the 2nd break.

One hour later...

"He's done checking the whole school"
"Let's go-"
*knock knock*
*murmur*
"Oh my god! Do you think it's them?!"
"We're done!"
*knock knock*
*gets up*
"Akari! Where are you going!"
"Wait! Come back!"

*opens the door*
"Took you quite some time to open"
"They were terrified because of you, Eluma"
"Ah! This is Eluma!"
"We thought we got caught!"
"Sorry for the late, I was just... busy with something"
"Busy?"
"Wait, why are you here anyway? Isn't it dangerous for you?"
"Yeah! I thought you weren't the type to sneak in the school or do these kind of things"
"Well..."
"I asked him as well"
"Ah okay"
"Anyway, we should get going"
"Bla- Akari's right. Let's go before it gets dark"
"Okay!"
"You guys go ahead with Hexy, I'll stay with Eluma in order to put everything as it was"
"Okay, but don't come too late"
"Don't worry"
"Let's go!"
*glance*
*nod*
*clack*

"Blackie, are you okay? You look pale"
"... Hypnotizing and manipulating people while I'm still new to being the Dia took me a lot of energy. But no worries, I'll rest once this is over"
"Yes, but you still have to hypnotize them and change their memories once we take the proofs."
"You're right."
"But I don't understand. Why go through such trouble, when you can hypnotize them and give them the proofs that you can easily get by using magic?"
"I want them to remember that they were the ones that sneaked into the school alone. I will just erase the fact that we were with them, that is all. Hypnotizing them and creating a whole scene is not an easy task for me now. I can give orders, or erase small details. But creating a whole scene will take WAY too much energy from me. Plus it's not a bad idea to do some adventure from time to time, right?"
"... Yes"
"By the way, what did you do regarding the others?"
"I called them, saying that we're going to work on some matters regarding the academy. And I casted a spell that will alarm me if they ever come. once they do, I'll either call them, saying that we went out for a small walk, or I'll go back for a short time"
"Perfect. Now then, let's go. They're probably asking why we still didn't join them"
"Hexy is with them, so it's okay"
"Yes, but still, we'd better go. Even if Hexy is with them, these girls are really dumb. In case they get caught, I should be there to repair their mistakes"
"... You're right. Let's go"

...

"Bla- Akari, Eluma, you're here!"
"... Yes"
"Did you guys find the room?"
"Yes, it's here. But let's hurry up. we don't have much time left before it gets dark"
"Let's go"
*open the door*
"So that's the recording room"
"It's bigger than I thought it'd be"
"There's a small room in it as well? Wow."
"We have to find the recording quickly. Eluma, Hexy, could you please stay outside and tell us in case someone comes?"
"Yes, but Akari, you should stay with us. Three people guarding the door is better than two"
"... Okay"
"Okay, let's see where are these recordings~"
*searching through the recordings*

*Through telepathy*
"Blackie! We forgot about something!"
"What is it?"
"The recordings get automatically deleted after 24 hours, so they might've gotten erased!"
"I forgot about it as well! Blackie, we have to do something!"
"... Can you guys calm down for a second?"
"But!"
"No worries, I'll deal with this problem. I just need you guys to distract them for a minute"
"What? How are we supposed to do that?!"
"I don't know. you can tell them that someone's coming and that they have to hide in the other room"
"... Okay, but why"
"Just do it!"
"Okay, okay!"

"Everyone! Someone's coming!"
"What?! What do we do?!"
"We should hide in the room! Hurry up!"
"Got it!"
*everyone hides in the room*
"Akari! Come here!"
"... I'll distract this person. Don't worry about me"
"Okay"
*close the door*

So let's see these cameras.
*stare*
Okay. First thing first, I'll exchange the blues cables with the red ones *change the cables*, then I'll click here, then here, and find the access code *typing*. Okay, the hack's done, now if I enter the code and if I delete this one *typing*, I should have access to the- wait what? There's another unlock code?! Okay okay stay calm-

*Through telepathy*
"Blackie!"
"Are you done? The others are asking where you are"
"JUST WAIT A SECOND!"
"What is it?"
"Is something wrong?!"
"I don't have time to explain. If you were the director, what would you put as an access code?"
"What? Why are you asking?"
"Just answer!"
"Okay okay! Well, I'd put something like a phone number or my-"
"Birthday date! That's it!"
"... I was going to say phone password, but this one can work too"

Okay okay. I should put his birthday date... wait what is his birthday date? If I remember correctly, they did a surprise party for him on the 2nd of April! And I do remember them saying that he turned 55 this year! That's right! So the code must be 020466! *typing* ... Please work pleas work please work-
'password correct'
YES! I DID IT! Now I got access to the old recordings. Let's see the ones from those days *searching*... Here! Good thing I bought a USB. Now download. *click*
'files downloaded'
Great! Now I'll temporarily copy these recording into the new ones and *copy from the USB* done!

*Through telepathy*
"Guys, I'm done"
"It's about time!"
"You placed the recording in the USB as well right?"
"Yes"
"Great"

"Guys, you can come out. There's no one here"
*comes out*
"What? Wasn't there someone coming this way?"
"False alert"
"Seriously?!"
*sigh* "Anyway, let's continue"
*nod* "We'll go back to our posts as well"

"Blackie, why did you take so long?"
"Was it hard?"
"No. But there were 2 access codes, that's why I needed more time to think."
"Ah"
"Seriously! Do they think this is an international company or something? It's just a school!"
"For you, yes. But for them, it's their main financial resource. But well, I didn't think they'd go as far as to put 2 access codes."
"By the way, how were you able to do the hacking?"
"While in my office, I read some books about technology and computers and stuff like that. Because you never know when you'll need them"
"You're right"

"Guys! We have the recordings!"
"... Great."
"Let's go!"
"We should go from the backyard"
"You're right. Let's hurry before someone sees us"

As if I'd let this happen.