Chapter 39

6 hours later...

"Woooowww~ this is beautiful~"
"I know right! I can't believe the academy did all this!"
"It's amazingly beautiful"
"Yamel, are you okay? You look pale"
"Monica is right, is something wrong?"
"... No, it's nothing"

I have a bad feeling about this whole party

"Now that I think about it, Black Akari isn't coming?"
"I tried to ask her, but she seemed busy, she told me she was working on a project with Eluma"
"A project? We had a project?"
"I don't think we had, because I don't remember any teacher talking about a presentation or project"
"Same here"
"That's weird. Why did she tell me that? She said she wasn't lying"
"Well, it's Black Akari. We never know what she's thinking"
"You're right. Monica, could you ask her when you go back home?"
"Okay"
"By the way, what did you say to your parents?"
"I told them I might go to a party with my friends. In case Black Akari is still in the human world, they'll think I'm with my friends. And in case she's here, time will stop and when I get back, it'll be as if I stayed home"
"Wow, too complicated"
"Hehehe"

*lights off*

"Huh? Why are the lights off?"
"That's weird"

'Hello everyone, and welcome to this year's first New Year's party, organized by the Magical Academy of CelestiaLand'

*clap*

*murmur*
"Why is he wearing a cape?"
"That's weird. Maybe he doesn't want us to see his face?"
"Maybe"

'I'm sure you're all asking yourselves why I'm wearing a cape. Don't worry, you'll see it my face as soon as the director comes'

"I'll finally meet the director! Since the day I came here, I haven't met with him yet"
"Really? It was better if you didn't meet him at all. He's too strict, not funny, always wants his students to be excellent. Seriously, if he wasn't the director I would've slapped him in the face"
"Nick, lower your voice, they'll hear you"

'And now, dear citizens of CelestiaLand, meet the new director of the Magic Academy of CelestiaLand, Black Akari'

*Black Akari enters*

*Da Dun*

*murmur*
"Black Akari? Her name suits her well, she really looks like she has a dark personality, even though she's beautiful"
"Beautiful? She's gorgeous!"
"I know right? And she's so young. How can she become director?"

"W, W, WHAATTTT? You've got to be kidding me, right? RIGHT?"
"No way..."
"Guys, please tell me it's a dream, PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS JUST A DREAM"
"No, it's not... it's indeed Black Akari"
"Wait, if this is Black Akari..."
"Then who's the person standing beside her?"

"Black Akari... will become our new director?"

'Now, now, I know you're also curious about who I am. Well, I'm *remove the cape* her boyfriend, Eluma'

*silence*

"WHAAAAATTTTTT?????!!!!!"

'Hello everyone. My name is Black Akari, and I'm the new director of this academy. For those who are guessing where the old director is, he... quit. I just want to say that if anyone is against this idea, you can just quit the school. For the students who want to stay in the academy, or who want to enter in it, they all have to pass the entrance exam, because I won't accept any student in my academy. I will publish the dates of the entrance exam later on. For now, have a nice evening, enjoy the party and Happy New Year for all of you'

*clap*

*Through telepathy*
"They were more surprised to see you than to see me"
"I know right?! I wanted to laugh so hard! Good thing we were in public"
"... Yeah"
"Blackie? Is something wrong?"
"I was just thinking is they'll quit the academy or not"
"Do you want them to stay?"
"Well... to be honest, if they leave the academy, my time with them will decrease, and I won't be able to make them suffer as much as I want to"
"... Don't worry, they won't leave"
"Huh? How do you know?"
"You'll see later"
"What?"
"Look who's coming"

"Black Akari! What is the meaning of this?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Is it true that you'll become our director?"
"Yes"
"... If it's like this, then I quit"
"What?! Monica you can't leave just like this"
"I will also leave!"
"Maria, not you as well!"
"If Black Akari will become our director, I'm sure my life here will become hell. So I prefer to leave"
"... If Maria is leaving, I will as well"
"Same here"
"I will also quit"
"Sarah, Leo, Nick..."
"Estelle and Yamel, you should do the same"
"I..."
"I'm not leaving"

*silence*

"What?! Yamel why not!"
"Because I just got the chance to enroll in this academy. I won't leave Lila and the academy and quit just because you want to"
"... You guys sure are something. Instead of enjoying the party, you're thinking about whether or not you're staying. Looks like you forgot that you have to pass the entrance exam before coming back, and you don't have to decide now. Plus you're wasting our time."
"You're the last person that has the right to talk, Eluma. Acting as if you love Black Akari, and yet you still let her do what she wants! Instead of helping her! Don't play the good boyfriend when you're nothing!"
"Monica, calm down"
"... Monica" *glare*
"?" *gasp*

Those eyes... it's as if he's going to beat someone

"First of all, don't you dare raise your voice like this ever again. Second, my relation with Blackie is none of your business. Third, I do love Blackie more than you think, and I'm not playing the role of the good boyfriend. Fourth, I am helping her. She wants to take revenge on those who dared to hurt her, so I'll help her. Even if you think it's bad, I don't care at all. All I care is for my girlfriend to be happy. And fifth, I'm not in a position to change her plans, even if we're a couple. So you better never ever say those words ever again or else-"
"Okay that's enough. Calm down a little. Let me make things clear, everything that was said by Eluma is true. And you shouldn't be thinking about the academy now. just enjoy the party, we'll talk about this later"
"Wait!"
*woosh*
"Did they just disappear?"
"Looks like it"
"Yamel, are you really staying here?"
"Yeah"
"Why?!"
"... Let's enjoy the party, we'll talk about this later"
"... *sigh* okay"

Monica You still didn't forget her, did you? You don't want to quit the academy because you don't want her to be alone with Eluma...

Yamel I can't leave her with Eluma all alone. They'll be spending too much time together, and she might fall for him even more.