Chapter 41

In the director office...

"Here, drink this Monica"
"Thanks, Eluma"
*nod*
"Now then, mind telling us what just happened?"
"... Look, it's too complicated, but I'll explain it briefly. I am not a normal middle school student. I can't really say who I really am, but just know that I am... a Black Wizard. About the blood you saw on my outfits, let's say it was the only way to protect the academy. And about this guy, he came to take me back to my father that I don't even know, so I... took care of him."
"... It doesn't make sense! How can you suddenly become a Black Wizard?! And how are you the daughter of someone else while you're my sister... wait... am I also..." *tremble*
"... *sigh* Don't think too highly of yourself. You're not his daughter. The truth is complicated. And I really can't explain it, because I don't even understand. But I am your sister, and I am not adopted. And regarding the Black Magic, you don't need to know now."
"... And about your previous outfits?"
"It's a transformation. The transformation of Hexes"
*silence*
"By that... you mean... the... Sword of Hexes?"
"Yes."
"I, I can't believe what I'm hearing"
"Believe it or not, I don't care"
"But, but when did you train to become this skilled???!!!!"
"... This is a secret. Just know that I am a Black Wizard, and that now that you know my secret, you'll be in danger as well."
"WHAT????!!!!!"
"WAIT BLACK AKARI!!"
"Calm down. There is a way for you to be safe most of the time"
"What is it!!!!!!"
"... Do not pass the entrance exam"
"What?"
"Do not pass the entrance exam of the academy and you'll be in security"
"What does it have to do with all this?"
"As long as you're in the human world, they won't reach you."
"... So basically, we have to... quit the academy?"
"Not the academy, you have to leave CelestiaLand and never come back again"
"WHAT??????????!!!!!!"
"ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE HAVE TO GIVE UP ON OUR MANAPETS AND OUR MAGIC??"
"You were planning to do it anyway, weren't you?"
"That's..."
"Anyway, it's up to you to decide. Just let me be clear about one thing. I won't erase your memories, but don't you dare say a word about what you just saw, got it?"
"... Got it"
*clack*
"Blackie, are you sure it was a good idea to tell them that you're half a Black Wizard?"
"... I can't lie to them. Plus I am a both a Black and White Magic user, but I couldn't tell them"
"... I have another question"
"?"
"Do you really trust that they won't say a word?"
"Don't worry, I casted a spell on them. The moment they left this room, if they ever try to talk about the subject, their voice won't come out of their mouth."
"You really are incredible... but Blackie, why did you told them that the only way for them to be safe is that they never come back here? You know that as long as they're by your side, they are in security"
"... If I tell them that, they won't leave me ever again"
"Yes but what if they don't leave?"
"I won't tell them either way, so don't worry. More importantly, now that they know about me using Black Magic, it will be hard to do my revenge without them knowing"'
"Why?"
"Because they will know it's my doing"
"... So? Will you give up?"
"Never. I will never give up. They will suffer as much as they deserve. I'm just saying it will be more difficult... and it's your fault"
"What? My fault?"
"Didn't I tell you to keep an eye on them?"
"... Sorry"
*sigh* "Let's go"
"To where?"
"Don't you want to spend some time with me? It's near 12 you know?"
*bright* "YEY!"

...

'Now then, everyone, let's start the countdown!'
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEARR!!!!!"
'Happy new year everyone. I hope this year will be full of joy for every single person'
"Happy new year Blackie"
"Happy new year Eluma"

...

After everyone left...

"Black Akari, we're leaving"
*nod*
"You're not coming with us?"
"I have to clean up everything. Just tell your parents I'll be spending the New Year with Eluma"
"Okay"
*woosh*
"Blackie, need some help?"
"... No"
"What? No! Let me help you"
"I won't clean everything"
"But you told them that-"
"It was just an excuse so that they go back. I can clean everything with a single move" *everything clean*
"Then why did you...?"
"I have to go and see Hexy now"
"I'm coming then"
"As you wish"
*woosh*

...

"Oh, you're here! Happy new year!"
"... Happy new year"
"What is it? Why do you look so gloomy?"
"... They know"
"What?"
"They saw my transformation"
*sigh* "Well, that's a problem. What will you do? You won't give up right?"
"Never"
"Good. So what are you planning?"
"I don't know..."
"But how? Weren't you careful?"
"I was! It's just-"
"It's my fault"
"What?"
"I didn't complete the only task that Blackie gave me"
"... Did Blackie tell you to keep an eye on them?"
"Yes, sorry"
"It's okay. They were going to know sooner or later. Everything happens for a reason"
"What do you mean?"
"At least now you don't have to keep it a secret. But I do hope you didn't say a word about you being the princess of this Land, right?"
"Of course"
"Then it's okay. From tomorrow onwards, we'll continue training, and Eluma you will be part of it"
"What? I will be training as well?"
"Yes"
"... Okay"
"But for now you two should have some rest."
"We will. Eluma let's go"
"To where?"
"I told the others that I'll be spending the New Year in the human world with you."
"Ah... yes, let's go"
*woosh*

...

4 days later...

'Hello Monica'
"Hi Sally"
'Did you get the dates of the entrance exam?'
"Yes. It's in 5 days."
'Yep. You will pass it?'
"... I don't know. I have to talk to Yamel before that. And you?"
'I have no idea to be honest. I'm still lost. I don't want to leave Elise alone, but I can't put myself in danger...'
"Yeah"
'Anyway, did you get the chance to talk with Black Akari?'
"... No"
'Why?'
"Because she's been busy all the time"
'It's okay, we'll talk to her when we get back to school'
"Okay"
'Monica, I have to end the call with you my mom is calling me'
"Okay bye"
'Bye'
*end call*

... What should I do? For my safety I better quit but... what if Yamel wants to stay? He still loves Black Akari, so I doubt he'll leave the academy...

"I'm home"
"Black Akari! You're back!"
"... Yeah"
"Sis... regarding the entrance exam..."
"?"
"Well... what should I do?"
"Monica, can I talk to you for a moment?"
"Huh? Yeah, sure"
*woosh*