Chapter 130

In Blackie's office...

*knock knock*
"Come in"
*clack*
"Hello Hexy"
"Hey"
"How are you?"
"I'm good, how about you?"
"Good. Hexy, I won't beat around the bush, and I'll go straight to the point. What do you know about Scarlet and the Phoenix incident? Because I'm sure as hell that you've heard of it"
"... Yes, I did"
"At that time, you weren't born yet, but when you did, your parents told you about this story, and gave you a book for you to read, right?"
"... How did you know?"
"Just my guess that you wouldn't let go off this story without proof. My question is, do you still have this book?"
"I don't know"
"What do you mean you don't know?"
"I forgot"
"I need it! I won't be able to help Scarlet with only one book in my hand!"
"... You have a book about this story?"
"Yes, I mean, kinda. It's not a detailed version tho"
"Can you show it to me?"
"Eum, sure" *hands out the book*
"!"
"What?"
"Where did you find it?"
"In the library"
"... Take me there"
"What?"
"Take. Me. There. Now"
"Alright, alright, geez!"
*woosh*

...

In the library...

"Here's the place where I found it"
"... Evacuate"
"Why?"
"Just do as I say"
*goes and talks to the librarian*
"As you wish"
"Thanks"
"Everyone, due to some issues, the library has to close its doors. Please, do leave immediately"
*everyone leaves*
"This includes you"
"Yes, of course"
*clack*
*approaches*
"Is there anyone else?"
*glow* *scans the place* "Not a single soul"
*nod* "Good"
"What now?"
"Move a little"
"Okay (?)" *moves*
*woosh*
*red circle appears*
"By underground's darkness and moonlight's guide,
Open now the doors so wide.
Shelves and stones, show me the way,
To the cave where light doesn't stray"
*woosh*

Wait, what is happening-

*gasps*
*bookshelf opens*
"WHAT IS THIS?!"
"I never thought I'd show you this place, but here we are"
"YOU KEPT THIS PLACE A SECRET?!"
"Well, yeah, duh"
"WHY?!"
"Because I knew this would be your reaction"
"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"
"Let's go in for now. I'll hear your scolding later"
"..."
*enters*
*bookshelf closes*
*clap*
*torches light up*
"Wow, what's this?!"
"A cave"
"Oh my god"
"Impressive, right? I did it all by myself"
"Indeed, it is"
"Let's go"
*nod*
*walks down the stairs*
"It's nice"
"I know"
"So, where are we going?"
"You'll see"
"... Is there a long way to go?"
"Nope, we're here"
*looks up* *gaps* "That's... a library?"
"Yes"
"... It's amazing"
"Glad you like it"
"But why did you bring me here?"
"... To show you something"
"?"
*goes to a shelf* "Where did I put it- ah! Here it is!"
"?"
*approach* *shows the book* "That's what you're searching for, isn't it?"
"!"
"Honestly, I never thought I'd use it again. But here we are"
"'PHOENIX AND SCARLET: What really happened?'"
"It contains everything that happened"
"... Including a way to help her?"
*nod*
*opens the book* *cough cough*
"It's been years since I last took it out, so it's full of dust"
"It's fine"
"Read it"
"... 'Our universe is vast, full of humans, mystic creatures, wizards, ghosts, and spirits. In a world full of spirits, one of them stands out – the Red Flame Spirit. The most powerful of them all. Its excess of power is due to the consumption of the Phoenix, a flower – who was once a bird – that was hiding from the spotlight and the attention. Thousands of years ago, Blaze, a Red Flame Spirit, found it and ate it. Since that day, every Red Flame spirit born carries the Phoenix within him. This went on for ages, until one day when everything changed.'"
"Why did you stop?"
"... I don't know if I'm ready to read the rest"
"You are"
"You're sure?"
"Well, we're here now, so might as well continue"
"..."
"Go ahead"
"'Decades ago, the Phoenix abruptly left the Red Flame spirit, Sienna, catching her off guard. After that, Sienna's health deteriorated rapidly . She could barely walk and talk, and matters took a turn for the worse when she discovered she was expecting a child. Knowing that she might not be able to see her daughter, Sienna made a life-changing decision.
During her pregnancy, Sienna started a journey, searching for something. Even through the snow, the cold, the heat, she persevered. Her quest led her to what she was looking for; the Phoenix, in its original appearance – a beautiful, large bird with brilliant feathers, ranging from deep orange and red to bright yellow and gold. It has a crown on its head, and radiates a warm and supernatural flame.
When she saw him, Sienna proposed a deal. She offered him her soul in exchange of seeing her child for a few but precious days. In addition, she requested that he protects her daughter and give her a great, happy, healthy and long life. Initially reluctant, the deal was settled after much careful consideration.
Several months later, her new born finally came, Scarlet. Overwhelmed by the beauty of her baby, Sienna sensed something special about her.'"
"What is it?"
"Nothing, it's just..."
"?"
"I feel warm all of a sudden"
"Warm?"
*nod*
"... Go on"
"... 'A few days after Scarlet was born, the Phoenix came to Sienna to claim his part of the deal. As planned, the three of them went to an underground cave in a different dimension called 'CelestiaLand', where nobody will see them.'"
*gasps* "Wait... this place..."
*nod*
"Oh my god"
"You should continue"
"'The ritual started smoothly, when suddenly, an unexpected disturbance occurred. A strange, yet powerful energy disrupted the enchantment, leading to its corruption. Instead of Sienna's soul being claimed by the Phoenix as intended, Scarlet absorbed it, become its reincarnation. After that, Scarlet's life took an unpredicted turn. Although she gained extraordinary abilities, she sadly grew without a mother. Her cold and heartless father, unaware of everything, hired maids to take care of her. By the time she became twelve years old, Scarlet stumbled upon a not left by her late mother. It said:

'My daughter, my sweet little child. Since you're reading this right now, it means that I left this world a long time ago. As I write these words, my time is running out. If you're asking yourself why, it's simple; the Phoenix left my body. Upon your birth, I knew I would die instantly. That's why I made a deal with it. In exchange for my soul, the Phoenix will grant me a few days to see you once you come to this world, and he will provide you a happy life.
I know it might sound crazy, but that's the only way for me to see you, and for you to live a healthy and long life. I'm sharing this with you, because by the time you'll read this, I'll no longer be with you. I want to apologize – for leaving you this early, for marrying a despisable father, and for making you live with him. I am truly and deeply sorry.
I know that with the Phoenix by your side, you'll live happily. Please, forgive me for not being there for you, but I promise, I'll be watching over you, and my soul will always be with you.
Much love,
Your mother Sienna.'

After this letter, she did her researches, and understood everything. Throughout her childhood, her father remained oblivious to her powers. However, once she turned eighteen, he found out, and tried to take advantage of them. All his attempts failed, though, as Scarlet already knew how dark this world can be. She understood that in this harsh reality, she could only rely on herself.
Scarlet trained day and night, putting her life at risk numerous times, with three goals in mind. Firstly, she aimed to work on and control her magical abilities. Secondly, she sought to protect herself from her surroundings. Lastly, her most pressing objective was to find a solution to cure her biggest problem – her immortality. Witnessing her loved ones perish one after the other created a huge pain in her heart. The weight of this burden made her yearn for death, making her wish she could have died instead of her mother. Despite her deep and endless search over the years, she has yet to find a solution.'"
"That's her story-!"
*teary*
"Blackie?!"
"... She suffered so much"
"I know. That's why, it's your job to help her"
"... This cave"
"It's where the ritual happened. When I found it, it was in a horrible state. So I did all the reparations"
"That's why you told me you did it by yourself?"
*nod* "I mean, I did change everything"
"... I have to find a solution"
"Yep"
"Do you know how?"
"Nope. No idea"
"Really now?"
"I only know what happened!"
*sigh* "Well, you still helped me a lot, so thanks"
"Welcome"
"One more thing. Is it okay if I come here later? I might need to do some researches, and I'd rather do them secretly. Plus, I might need the book again, but I don't want to take it with me"
"... Alright. But you might find me here often"
"It's fine if it's you"
"What do you mean?"
"I just don't want... someone to know about this"
"You mean Eluma"
*nod*
"I don't think it's a good idea that you keep it a secret from him"
"I know, but I don't want him getting involved in this"
*sigh* "As you wish"
"I'll leave now. See you"
"See you"
*woosh*
"... I hope she won't regret this later"