Chapter 33

The next day, at lunch...

"Hello! Merry Christmas!"
"Hello! Thank you same to you!"
"Thanks. Come in"
*clack*
"Ah! Here she is. It's been quite a while since you saw Monica, right?"
"Yes, you're right!"
"You grew up into a beautiful lady"
"Hehehe thank you"
"Eumm... where is Akari?"
"Yes, where is she? I wanted to see her!"
*knock knock*
"Oh! It must be the others!"
"Monica, who do you mean by the others?"
"I mean my friends and my boyfriend."
*opens the door*
"Hello guys"
"Hello, Lady, Merry Christmas"
"Merry Christmas, Monica~"
"Thank you Eluma, thank you guys, same to you and your family"
"Thanks!"
"Come on in"
"Thank you for inviting us"
*smile*
*clack*
"Oh! And here is the last awaited person, Black Akari-"
*silence*
"... Hey"
"..."
"Merry Christmas my love"
"Eluma, you're here?!"
"Of course, I'd be here. But Blackie, you look gorgeous. Everything you're wearing is beautiful and it really suits you, especially the necklace and earrings"
"Thank you! The necklace and earrings are the gift my dear parents gave me!"
"Really? Well, even without them, you're still the most beautiful lady in this world"
"Thanks. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. Sorry for being rude. My name is Black Akari, and not Akari. Just let me tell you that I am no longer the little girl that I used to be, *glare* so be careful when you're around me. *smile* Okay?"
*silence*
"Eumm... let's start eating before the food gets cold"
*sit on the table and start eating*
"By the way, the Christmas tree is amazing! Did you all did it?"
"Yes, except for Black Akari. She was... busy with her study-"
"I didn't want to do it, that's all"
"Ah, okay"

*murmur*
"Blackie, are you sure you want to act normal in front of them? I don't think it's a good idea to throw the bomb this fast"
"... I did it so that I won't hear them treating me like a child, that's all. Don't worry about it and... enjoy the meal!"
*sigh* "Thanks"

"Thank you so much for this delicious lunch, it was really tasty!"
"Oh my, it's nothing. There's still the dessert"
"Okay, thank you!"
"So... Black Akari, right?"
"... Yeah"
"How old are you now?"
"14"
"Wow, you grew up so much in just a year!"
"..."
"But I have a question"
"?"
"Why did you change your name and your appearance so suddenly?"
*silence*
"... I just wanted to change, nothing more, nothing less"
"Ah, but did your mom accept this this easily?"
"And who told you that I asked for her opinion?"
"What?"
"Look, I do what I want to do, and you are in no position to-"
"Blackie, how about you come with me to the kitchen so that I bring a glass of water?"
"... Okay"
*stand up*

"Wow, so she really did change, even her personality is totally different from the Akari we know"
"Yes, but let me give you a piece of advice"
"?"
"It's been a while since Black Akari changed. And I now know most of the things that irritates her, since she's my sister, and what will she do if she's angry. So, it'd be better for you if you always call her Black Akari."
"Ah... but why are you so afraid of her? It's not like she's going to eat you or something"
"... Never underestimate her. She's capable of anything, trust me. So, for your sake, do not mess with her. And don't say you haven't been warned." *stand up*

...What happened to her so that she became like this? It's not like I'm afraid of my little cousin! I should ask her... I guess. But I doubt she'll answer me, and Monica did say that I shouldn't mess with her. Now that I think about it, the guy that was sitting next to her looked pretty close with her, maybe I should ask him instead!

"Eluma, would you mind telling me why did you stop me? I doubt it's because you wanted a glass of water"
"I was afraid that you'd do something to him in front of everyone"
"... You know I'm not this stupid"
"But he talked about a topic that he shouldn't have brought up"
"... *sigh* I am not stupid to the point of being angry over something like this, so don't do it another time, okay?"
"Sorry~ I won't do it again"
"Good, now let's go back"
"Huh? But I really want to drink!"
"... Seriously?"
"Hehehe"
"..."

...

"You're back!"
"... Yeah"
"Eumm... sorry sir-"
"Eluma"
"Sorry Eluma to bother you, but can I talk to you in private please?"
"Sure!"

"So, what did you want to talk about?"
"First, can you tell me what is your relationship with... Black Akari?"
"I am her boyfriend"
"Ah, okay. Second, I wanted to ask you something, because I doubt that she'd answer me."
"By 'she' you mean Black Akari?"
"Yes."
"Then, go ahead"
"Okay. What I wanted to ask is... what on earth happened so that she became like that? She was so pure and kind and now she's... totally different. Is it possible for you to tell me why?"
"... Like she said, nothing happened. She just wanted to change, that's all. You shouldn't think about it again, if you really want to live a happy life"
"What are you talking about? What do you mean if I want to live a happy life?"
"I mean what I said. And do not bring up this topic in front of her, okay?"
"..."
"Got it?"
"... Yeah"
"Good. Now, excuse me, but I have to go back"
"... Okay"

That's strange, is it possible to change so much just on a whim? But I guess I shouldn't ask anymore... maybe it's just puberty or something.