Chapter 57

After that day, Monica never dared to raise her voice in front of me again. All she did was avoiding everyone, since she and her friends were the subject of everyone's conversation at school. Well, she always wanted to be the center of attention anyway, I just helped her. A few months has passed since then, and my last year in middle school ended.

"Blackie!"
"?"
"It's summer break finally~"
"... Yeah"
"So, what are you planning to do this summer?"
"... Training"
"And?"
"And what?"
"That's it?!"
"Well, yeah?"
*sigh* "You should at least have some fun"
"No time for that"
"There's always time for-"
"Eluma, are you trying to annoy me?"
"Sorry~"
"Anyway, let's go"
"To where?"
"To the Academy. Hexy went ahead"
"Ah, okay"
*woosh*

...

At the Academy...

*woosh*
*noise*
"What's with this noise?"
"I don't know, maybe it's the students?"
"Wait, these voices...!"
"Maria and Leo"
"Let's go and see what's going on"
"Yes"

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME??!!"
"ALL I DID WAS HELPING HER OUT!! WHY IS IT A PROBLEM??!!"
"Maria, calm down a little bit-"
"YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TO HELP ME!! I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND NOT HER!"
"Maria is right, you shouldn't help some other girl when you're supposed to spend the time with her!"
"SEE? EVEN MONICA THINKS I'M RIGHT-"
"What's with all the noise?"
"Ah"
"B, Black Akari"
"... I asked you a question"
"Ah, well-"
"What happened, is that Leon helped a girl during lunch break today, when he was supposed to spend this time with me!!"
"And?"
"What and?"
"That's why you're screaming like a crazy woman?"
"A CRA-"
"Careful"
*stop*
"You shouldn't get mad at him just because of this. Leo is originally kind, so it's normal for him to help others."
*slightly blushing*
"Plus this is one of the reasons why you love him right?"
"Well... yes, you're right..."
"I'm always right. Anyway, stop screaming and apologize. You're in the wrong here, not him."
"... I'm sorry, Leo. I'm really sorry" *teary*
"It's okay my love" *hug her*
"Eluma, let's go" *turn*
"Ah! Black Akari!"
*glance*
"Eum... thank you"
"... Let's go"
"Yes"

...

In Blackie's office...

"Why did you help them?"
"Did you see Leo's reaction when I said that he's originally kind?"
"Well, he slightly blushed"
"Exactly"
"Huh? Wait, don't tell me you're going to..."
"Yes"
*sigh* "Can I help?"
"Yes. I want you to seduce Maria and Sally"
"What?! How am I supposed to do so?!"
"Just be yourself. You're already charming, so you don't need to do anything."
*blush*
"Plus, I would've told Hexy to seduce them, but they already kinda hate him."
*sigh* "Okay, I'll do it"
"Good"
*tok tok*
"Who is it?"
"Blackie, it's me"
"Hexy? Come on in"
*clack*
"Blackie, I have some news"
"Some news? What is it?"
"... Your brother"
"?!"
"... He's alive"
"..."
"Blackie?"
"You okay?"
"... I'm glad" *smile*
*blush*
"But how did you know?"
"I took one of your hair and casted a spell on it to see if I can find your family members. And I found your mother in the castle, your father in the demon world, and your brother..."
"My brother?"
"It wasn't mentioned, as if he used magic to block all possible ways to find him"
"... As far as I know, he's quite powerful"
"It must be because of that"
"But how will we find him?"
"... Is there really no hint?"
"No. But I could sense something"
"Something like what?"
"I don't know. I felt like he's... he's not too far away"
"Huh? Really?!"
"... Yes. But I'm not sure whether it's true or not"
"Blackie, what will you do now?"
"... I have to find him no matter what"
"Yes, but don't forget-"
"I know. And I won't do anything right now."
"Right now?"
"Yes. Now leave, I need some time alone"
"... As you wish"
*clack*
"... What should I do now?"

I know what my main goal is, but I have to find Luka. And in order to do so, I have to leave for some time. This is the only way. But I can't leave everything here... what should I do?

...

A few days later, in Blackie's office...

A few days has passed, and I still don't know what to do. Maybe I should send Hexy and Eluma to search for them? I'll be fine on my own... right?

*tok tok*
"Who is it?"
"Black Akari, it's me. Monica"
"... Enter"
*clack*
"Black Akari, I, I wanted to ask you something"
"Regarding what?"
"... Yamel's birthday"
"... Ah"

I completely forgot about that.

"I wanted to ask, is it possible to do a small party here-"
"No"
"Why?!"
"Because I said no"
"Okay but why?! Is there a problem?!"
*sigh* *gets up* "You sure like to make me angry" *goes towards Monica*
"Eum..."
"All the decisions I make are final. If I say no, then it's a no, got it?"
"... Okay but at least think about it. Yamel is your first love. Can't you think about his happiness?"
"... His happiness?"
"Yes!"
"... Did he think about my happiness when he kissed you in front of me?"
"... That-"
"Of course he didn't. This person is by far the most selfish guy I've ever met. So I won't ever, think about his happiness."
"You're really mean. You don't think about anybody but yourself. I really pity Eluma and Hexy for having to deal with someone like you"
"..."
"You see? You don't even know what to say. This is why no one wants to be your friend. Do you think that now that all those who loved me hate me, I will obey you?"
"..."
"I stayed quiet for a while, but that's enough. I don't even know why you're refusing such a simple request from me. Is it because you hate me? If so, then I can order someone else to come"
"... Order?"
"Yes. I can tell Estelle if anything."
"... Pathetic"
"What?"
"No matter who comes and asks me, my answer will remain the same. And for your information, I do not hate you, I despise you."
"!"
"And you should know that it's not because everyone hates you that you have to obey me, it's because I'm more important than you"
"You-!"
"In this world, I am everything. While you are nothing. You are, and will always be useless. And to be honest, you're just a waste of oxygen."
*freeze*
"Oh and one more piece of advice. The next time you want to ask me for something, you shouldn't come alone, because once you enter this room, you might never leave it alive."
*tremble*
"Now get out of my sight before I slice you into pieces"
*gasp* *run away*
"Such a scary cat"
*tok tok*
"Who is it again?"
"It's me, Eluma"
"Enter"
*clack*
"What is it?"
"I came to ask you about what you decided regarding the renovations, but what was Monica doing here?"
"... She asked me if I would let them do Yamel's birthday here"
"What?! How bold can she be?! And what did you answer?!"
"I refused"
"Great. I can't believe her. Seriously?! Asking something like that?!"
"Anyways, regarding the renovations you can start after 2 days from now."
"Okay. And what about the money?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean how will you finance the money? The students don't pay to study here, and the budget that the academy gets from the royal family can barely be used for the salary of the teachers and other important matters, so from where will you bring the money?"
"I thought you were cleverer than this"
"What?"
"Eluma, who am I?"
"... You're Black Akari (?)"
"Yes, but what am I as Black Akari?"
"... A black wizard?"
"And?"
"The lost princess of this land and the future Queen of the Demon World"
"Exactly. I am a Queen" *money appears*
"!"
*smirk* "I can create all the money I need! I don't need anyone!"
".... Yes, you are indeed a Queen."

The Queen of my heart.

"I'll start with the renovations in 2 days then. Now, if you'll excuse me."
*nod*
*clack*
*remembers* "I really pity Eluma and Hexy for having to deal with someone like you."

As if I don't...