Chapter 18

*through telepathy*
"Let's start the play"
"Got it"

"Hey, Monica. How are you?"
"...Hi, Black Akari. I'm fine and you?"
"Fine, fine. Are you having fun?"
"Yes!!! Very~ much!!!"
"That's good. I hope you're always~ happy."
"...Thank you!"
*smile*

I'm glad Black Akari looks happy. I guess it's thanks to Eluma since he's not a magician and do not know about her magic. We have to leave him by her side!

*many people gather around them*
"Hello, Eluma! How come you're here?"
"I never knew that you were Monica's friend. It's good to see you outside the school!"
"I'm happy to see you all as well!"
"...Eum, Black Akari, I have a question-"
"Black Akari?"
"Why is she calling you this?"
"...That's my full name."
"Ahh okay."
"Black Akari, I have a question, that is been on my mind for quite a while."
"Yes, Monica?"
"What is your relationship with Eluma?"
"Yeah! I wanted to ask too!"
"You look alike, but you're from different families."

So that we don't draw too much attention, I casted a spell on Eluma in order for him to look a little different from me. But for some reasons, it wasn't really effective. Well, it's better than nothing. But there's no way I'd tell them the truth about us.

"Black Akari? Can you answer please?"
"Yes! We all want to know!"
"It's-"
"I love her"
*silence*
"WHAT????!!!!!!!!"
"Eluma!!!! What the hell are you talking about????!!!!"
"I don't want to deny it anymore. Please let me be clear. Everyone, listen!"
"Eluma don't-"
"I, Eluma, love Black Akari!"
"Eluma stop-"
"Blackie, please would you be my girlfriend, and maybe... be my wife in the future?"

*Through telepathy*
"Eluma, what are you doing?????!!!!!!!"
"You want to escape this situation, don't you? Then, go with the flow"
"..."

"Eluma, are you serious?"
"Yes I am. So, Miss Black Akari, what is your answer?"
*glance* *sigh* "I didn't think I'd have this kind of confession but... yes, I accept"
"Oh my god!!!"

*noise*
"So they are together now? She's so lucky!"
"And he's lucky too!! Look at the beauty he's dating!! I want to be him."
"I know right? They do quite the perfect couple"
"Even better than Monica and Yamel"
"Sh! They'll hear you!"

...

In a hidden place...

"Eluma, would you mind to tell me what happened just now?"
"I thought that's what you wanted M'Lady."
"What I wanted?"
"Yes. You wanted to escape the situation, right?"
"Yes but not like this! And who even told you to come and help me? I could've handled it myself!"
"And how were you gonna do it?"
"...I could've found a way, but you didn't give me the time to even think about it!"
"...I apologize"
"?"
"For involving myself in something you don't want me to, I'm sorry."
"...It's okay. But don't interfere and try to help or protect me again."
"Sorry, I can't"
"What?"
"...M'Lady, I know that you don't like me, and that I'm always sticking at you. But I can't leave you. I want to stay by your side. I want you to rely on me when it is needed. I wish you could trust me as much as I do, or half or even quarter of how much I do. Miss Black Akari, please let me be your personal knight."
"?!"
"I don't want anything from you. Just let me be by your side. Let me protect you and help you when you're in need."
"...After all I did to you, you still want to stay by my side?!"
"That's all I ask."
"Why?"
"?"
"Why would you stay by my side? A broken-hearted lady who has nothing left in this world, and who only seeks for revenge?"
"...I wish I could say why, but it's still impossible for me. But you should know that I am sincere when I say that I want to stay by your side.
*sword appear*
"So please, Lady Black Akari, allow me to put my life on the line for you. Allow me to be your knight."
*take the sword* "... I, Black Akari, appoint you, Eluma, as my personal and most faithful companion and knight."
"I swear to protect you, M'Lady, at all costs."
"...Blackie"
"Huh?"
"Call me Blackie. Not M'Lady, nor Miss or Black Akari, just Blackie."
"... *brightly* As you wish My La- Blackie!"
*sigh**smile*

I guess I don't have to test him anymore.