thirtynine.

I quickly went home right after I got the food, I needed to shower and change out of my extremely uncomfortable cemetery clothes.

After I washed up, I walked towards their house with two twenty piece chicken nuggets box and my phone in my hand.

"Hello boys, how's the dinner preparation going?" I asked as I walked through the door towards the kitchen.

"Not that good, I think Tommy burnt the pasta," Tubbo said as he looked over to me from the kitchen. He was standing with his arms crossed next to Tommy who was draining out the water from the pasta into the sink.

"It's perfectly fine what do you mean, I am a master of all skills," Tommy said reaching into the pot to get a strand of burnt pasta noodle.

"Well, I brought some McDonald's nuggets so we can eat that instead," I suggested holding up the bag I'd been holding.

"Oh my please," Tubbo said quickly coming over to take the bag from me. Tommy put down the pot he'd been holding into the sink as he took of his apron and came towards the dining table.

The three of us sat around the round dining table and talked as we ate.

"I realised that nothing bad happened today," I said taking another piece of chicken nugget.

"I must be your good luck charm then," Tommy joked.

"Then please be by my side for the rest of my life," I teased. Tubbo chuckled at the joke, but Tommy smiled and quickly looked away. I must've flustered him, I smiled to myself.

We ended off the meal pretty late, Tubbo said he wanted to stream more but Tommy was tired, so I suggested we both go out for a walk to digest our food.

"So how's Jackie?" I asked him as I put my hands in the pockets of my sweater.

"I don't know, why?" Tommy replied looking down at the ground.

"Dunno, I just suddenly thought about her," I said as I looked forward. I was just trying to make conversation, because it was getting really quiet.

"Oh, I don't like her. You know that right?" Tommy said in a somewhat serious tone.

"That's none of my business," I chuckled.

"I like someone else," He continued. I tilted my head to my right to take a good look at him. Did I hear that right? He liked someone else? So the conversation they had in the car, did he just forget about that? Did he just move on so fast? What happened to me being on his mind everyday?

"Oh, what is she like?" I asked.

"She's pretty, smart and she has a great personality too," He answered purposely giving vague answers.

He was in the entertainment industry, so he was bound to meet pretty girls everywhere. So it could be anybody. Why was I keeping my own hopes up, when I could easily be replaced by one of the beautiful girls he worked with almost everyday.

"Oh," I replied. I really didn't expect him to like someone else, especially after that whole conversation with Tubbo.

"Do you like anyone now?" He asked.

This felt familiar. It was like the day we got together, when I confessed to him. We were by the beach watching as the orange sun quietly left the sky, he asked that same question and I just answered truthfully.

"Yeah," I replied. Except this time, it wouldn't be the same. I wasn't going to outright confess my feelings to him like I did when we were 16. I wasn't going to, at least not today.

"Oh, what are they like?" He answered in a disappointed tone. I stopped under the streetlight and looked up at him.

"He's really pretty, like angelic even. He has these beautiful pair of eyes that you could get lost in and the most fluffy hair you could ever run your fingers through. And he says the funniest things that make you question if he has more than one brain cell up there," I replied with a slight smile.

"That's nice, I hope he feels the same way for you," He replied looking away from me and to his right.

Honestly, I thought I was dense, but this guy is really just not taking a hint at all. I literally described every feature I've ever told him I liked about him and yet he still didn't understand that I was referring to him.

"I'm pretty sure he does," I said softly with a smile. I tip toed and ruffled his hair as we turned to walk home.

He may be the most dense person in the world, but I still love him for it.

A few days passed, and it was the day of Tubbo's Love Or Host. It was this game where he had to pick a girl who he thought chose love to win. If he ended up choosing a girl that picked host, he would lose.

I was going to go over to their place and crash his Love Or Host with Tommy. I couldn't have him falling for another girl when ice cream parlour girl was still around could I?

"So how does this work?" I said as I pulled the microphone closer to me.

I was sitting on Tubbo's chair and playing around with his set up as we waited for the signal for us to join the call. Tubbo was in the living room so that he had a nice background during the whole call.

"Well, you have to adjust it so that it's out of the camera but close enough to pick up your voice," Tommy explained as he rolled his chair over towards me.

He leaned in towards me as his arm stretched over to push the microphone stand away from me and stabilise it. He was leaning so close to me, I could feel the redness on my my face that was beginning to form a blush. I turned away from his view and covered my cheeks with my elbow.

"Are you okay?" Tommy asked. He tried to look over to see my face, but I pushed him away.

"Yeah, yeah, you accidentally hit my nose," I replied trying to cover up.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. Is it bleeding?" He asked in a very concerned tone.

"No, it's alright," I answered.

Just then, his discord rang from his PC. It was time for the show to begin, Tommy and I smiled mischievously at each other as I rolled my chair towards his table.

"This is going to be epic," I said with a big smile on my face as Tommy hit the 'join call' button.

1117 words