twentyeight.

"Will you be alright dear? Are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" Tommy's mother said as she stood by a cab while I put in my suitcases into the trunk.

"It's okay, I have a friend over there that will pick me up," I said and smiled at her.

"Okay dear, call me when you arrive," She said as I packed the last of my things into the trunk.

"Of course," I turned to her and gave her a tight hug.

I was leaving, I decided that one fateful night that I would start my life anew in the very city my parents had theirs taken away from them. I was going to continue their legacy, and make them proud. I was going to do something with my life instead of sit around and cry about them.

I left early in the morning to make sure Tommy wouldn't be able to run after me. He still hadn't seen the text I had sent him last night. I knew what his immediate reaction would have been, but I knew that we couldn't go on like this forever. I had to be the one to leave, I had to be the one to disappear.

So, I decided to leave my whole life behind and start over in the next city. After all Tommy had done for me, it was the least I could do for him. I just knew it was for our own good, as much as I wanted to turn back and stay here. I had to control myself.

This was all for Tommy.

The cab driver eventually stopped in front of a large grey house. It still looked the same as it did ten years ago. It was the same home I lived in when I was seven. It was as if I could still feel my parents' souls in the home, it still had their scent.

"Hey Tubbo, where can I get a new phone?" I asked as I walked with my hands in the pockets of my jacket beside Tubbo as he was eating an ice cream cone.

I told him about me moving back and immediately offered to lend me a hand. However, I told him that he could not mention to Tommy that I was here. He agreed but I could see he felt bad for lying to his best friend.

After that day, I cut off all contact with Tommy. Only keeping in touch with people like his parents and my group of friends. They all promised to keep my location a secret from him.

I thought I had finally managed to cut that imaginary rope that bound us together. Maybe it wasn't as strong as I thought it was after all.

Maybe we weren't really soulmates, maybe we just happened to cross paths in this lifetime. Maybe it really just wasn't meant to be.

Four years had passed, I had grown my parents' small business into an actual million dollar company. Making me the youngest millionaire in this century beating some celebrity with a makeup brand who was a millionaire at 23. Everything was going well for me, I reconnected with extended family of mine that also lived here.

I still kept in contact with everyone back home, but we weren't as close as we used to be back then. So we planned to meet up to celebrate my birthday.

"Y/N!" Izzy shouted from inside the restaurant. I had the entire restaurant booked for the four of us to enjoy our dinner in peace.

She ran towards me with her arms out and ready to hug me. I hadn't seen the girl in four years and she had grown to look so much different. She grew out her short hair and started wearing make up.

Behind her stood two extremely tall guys, one wearing a suit and the other wearing designer clothes.

"Jacob, Oliver," I said seriously before breaking into a big smile. I held out my hands for a hug and they both went in for a group hug.

We were seated close to the window which gave us an amazing night view of the city's skyline as we were served premium steaks.

"So what's happened since I left?" I asked obviously hinting towards a specific answer as I stared down at the engagement ring on Izzy's finger.

"Jacob proposed to me last month," Izzy said as she held up his and her hand showing off their matching rings.

"We wanted to invite you," Jacob continued as he took out an envelope from his satchel and handed it over to me.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Izzy slapped away Jacob's hand. Instead, she reached for a paper bag she had brought along and handed it over to me.

I took the bag and emptied its contents. There was a bear plushie with a note attached to it and a goodie bag filled with snacks.

I removed the note from the bear and opened it.

"Will you be my bridesmaid," I read the card out loud. I smiled and closed the card before looking back up at the happy couple.

"Hey why didn't I get something special like this when you asked me to be your best man?" Oliver whined to Jacob.

"I'll be your bridesmaid Izzy," I replied laughing at Oliver's response.

The night went pretty well, except the fact that Izzy drank a little too much wine. She still hadn't built up any tolerance for alcohol. I looked at Jacob help Izzy out of her seat.

We all left and headed in different directions back home. I had sold my old place a long time ago, so I was now living in a hotel while I stayed here.

"Hey have u reached there safely?"

"yep sorry for the late reply"

Tubbo made himself in charge of my safety and well-being in the time that I had moved away. He was like an older brother that was really protective of me. It made me feel eased to know that there was someone there that would keep out for me.

As soon as I got to my room, I took off my heels and tossed them on the floor before I laid down on the bed. Those things hurt to walk in but they looked the most professional so I forced myself to walk in them everyday.

I scrolled through my YouTube recommended to look for a video to watch as I drifted off to sleep. Until a certain colourful thumbnail caught my attention.

It was Tommy and Tubbo's channel. The video had over ten million views on it and obviously had tons of good feedback on it.

"He's doing well," I thought to myself as I smiled slowly drifting off into a deep sleep.

1138 words

A/N: we are about to reach 4k reads omg we literally went up by 1k in one day HDJDBDJD THANK YOU GUYS <33333