twentyseven.

"Who's gone?" I asked as I held his mother back up. His father told us to go into the dining room to talk.

We went to the dining table and sat down, with Tommy on my right and his parents seated in front of us. His mother was sobbing uncontrollably, while his father had his hands held to each other resting on the table.

The atmosphere in the room was tense, as only the sobs of Tommy's mother could be heard as we sat in silence. His father looked up from the table as looked at me with worried eyes.

"Y/N, your parents, they were caught in a burglary and were shot to death," His father said as he reached to hold my left hand in between his. He continued on about the details of the horrific accident as I looked at him with my eyes widened in horror. I started breathing in and out quickly as I glanced around the room quickly not knowing how to react.

I didn't need to hear the rest, I didn't want to hear the rest. Suddenly it seemed like everything was muffled, I could only hear the clock slowly ticking away at each second that passed.

This had to be a nightmare, I kept pinching my arm trying to wake myself up. Please, please let it be a bad nightmare, I thought as I kept pinching myself. Tommy saw what I was doing and held onto my right hand to stop me from hurting myself.

I held onto his hand tightly, I held onto it like my life depended on it. I didn't know what else I could do. How could one properly react to hearing about their parents passing on?

I was at a total loss for words, which was something I never personally experienced before. I always knew how to perfectly articulate my thoughts through words, but in this moment I just couldn't do it.

Tommy's mother suggested I spend the night at their house, so that they could keep an eye on me. I understood why, so I didn't protest against it.

I immediately went to their funeral the day after, Tommy and his family followed along to pay their respects as well. I had to watch as my parents were put down six-feet under right next to each other.

It was only the four of us there at their grave, my parents were never really close to anyone else besides Tommy's parents. As for extended family, I didn't know how to contact them to come on such short notice.

Even as the weather started getting cloudy and it started to rain heavily, I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay with my parents. I desperately wanted it all to just all be a sick prank my parents were playing on me.

I only left as Tommy held my hand and guided me away. He held an umbrella over me and looked really worried for me. I couldn't bring myself to even fake smile for him anymore.

What felt like the following weeks were a blur, I didn't go to school, I didn't talk to anyone, I didn't do anything. I couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that my parents were really not in this universe anymore. I couldn't accept the fact that I would never be able to just drive a couple of hours away to see them again.

I only remembered the few times Izzy, Oliver, and Jacob came by my house to visit me. They tried to cheer me up but to no avail. I felt too emotionally drained to even act alright in front of them. It was a wound that would only go away with time.

This wound however, was causing me a lot of problems. All I ever did was talk to Tommy about how sad I was, day in day out. We could never have one of our nightly walks being young and free again, as I always ruined the moment by talking about my parents.

One day, Tommy finally had enough.

"Tommy," I said as I called out to him through the window as he was writing something on his notebook.

"Tommy," I said again as he seemed to not hear me.

"What?" He said in an agitated tone. I was taken aback by his aggression. He wasn't usually like this.

"I just wanted to talk to you, but you seem to be busy I'm sorry," I replied.

"There you go making it all about you again," He said as slammed his pen down on his table.

"What do you mean?" I asked calmly. I was scared by his sudden reaction.

"It's been months Y/N, months since your parents' death. You were too busy mourning their death to even realise that you're bringing down everyone's mood as well. Y/N, they were the most uninvolved parents I've ever seen in my life. Why are you so upset that they're gone? Can't you see they have never done anything for you!" He shouted at me.

"I-I," I stuttered.

"Then you have the audacity to keep making things about you. Y/N, I told you about me starting a channel with Tubbo that same night. I have a lot of my plate right now and I don't have time to entertain your depressed thoughts. Why can't you just understand?" He continued shouting.

"Thank you for telling me how you truly feel," I said as I blinked back my tears and shut my window before drawing my curtains back.

"Y/N, I didn't mean it that way," Tommy immediately said knocking on my window as he realised what he just said to me.

I didn't open the window, I just couldn't bring myself to. I sat in the cold dark room crying into my knees. It was the worst pain I had felt in a long time, the truth hurt. It felt like someone had pierced a dagger into my heart repeatedly.

I knew Tommy was under a lot of stress, and I was not helping his situation at all by being an annoying depressed girlfriend who was mourning over her dead parents.

But, couldn't he sugar coat the truth just a little bit? Sure they weren't very involved in my life, but they were still my flesh and blood.

To say that they didn't do anything for me was untrue on so many levels. They gave me a roof to live under and even gave me the luxury of living on my own at 16. They did all that for me

So what if they were uninvolved in my life? They had perfectly good reasons to be, they were out making a living just so that they could support me and let me experience the best that life had to offer.

He didn't say any of it on purpose, I knew that. But I also knew that this had to end. It was going to become unhealthy for us if we both weren't even happy.

I sent him a text that night, I knew it was the right decision for the both of us.

"lets breakup."

1198 words

A/N: me: says I don't like long chapters
also me: writes 1198 words in this chapter
HEIDHD SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER BUT THANK U FOR 3K READS!!!! & also we are #11 on the streaming hashtag LOLOLOL ANYWAY REMEMBER TO DRINK WATER <33