seven.

"Oh really? Because if I remember correctly you only have like 5 friends," I replied sarcastically as I looked through more photos.

"Hey I have tons of friends, I am the TommyInnit. Everyone wants to be my friend," he said proudly as he bumped his fist on his chest while looking up.

"Sure. How do you know him?" I asked.

"He's my best friend on Minecraft," he said casually. I slowly removed my head from his neck as I turned to my left to look at him in confusion.

"I'm not kidding, do you want me to show you?" He said while he grabbed his phone from his table. He typed in something and looked back at me.

"Hey Tommy what's up?" A voice from Tommy's computer asked.

"Tubbo, do you happen to know someone by the name of Y/N?" He asked. I quickly whispered to Tommy, "Is this a video call?"

"No," he replied. I started to relax my neck and leaned towards the computer.

"Yeah, how do you know her?" Tubbo responded. So the little boy I used to know is now a Minecraft streamer that's best friends with my neighbour. I heard of him many times on Tommy's streams but I didn't know i actually knew him.

"She's here right now," Tommy said.

"Hi Toby," I said going closer to the computer. My right arm was around Tommy's neck to stop me from falling forward too much.

"Y/N? HI," Tubbo said as he dragged the 'I'.

My early alarm rang loudly, as I opened my eyes I saw that my head was resting on Tommy's chest as he wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

I decided to wait awhile, but my alarm started to get louder as I hadn't turned it off. Eventually, Tommy was woken up by the alarm as well. He let go of me to rub his eyes and stretch. All the warmth suddenly went away, I took my laptop and phone and climbed back into my room.

A few weeks had passed and school was going as per normal, except the group of people that followed us around had decreased. The weather dropped significantly today, but I was prepared.

Lunch time rolled around, a smaller group of people started approaching my table.

"Why are people still obsessed with us," Izzy complained as she put her head on the table.

"I just wanna eat," I whined back at her. Just then, Tommy came and placed a flask on my table.

"Mum made extra for you," he said and walked off. I smiled and took the flask. Tommy's mom was really the nicest person I've ever met. She always cooked a little extra during cold days just so that I would have something too.

Just as I was taking out the small containers in the flask, I waved for Izzy to come over to share some of it with me.

"Seriously, what's your relationship with that guy?" Oliver asked me as he leaned forward to see what was packed in. Jacob took Tommy's seat and placed it in between mine and Izzy's table trying to steal what I gave to Izzy.

"Childhood friends," I replied while blowing on my spoon to cool down the soup. I held my hand underneath the spoon gesturing for Oliver to try it.

"Hey Y/-," Tommy said as he walked into the class. He abruptly stopped as he saw me feeding the soup to Oliver. He looked away and walked out without saying another word. I called out to him but he didn't turn back.

I wonder what that was about.

Next period was with the weird teacher, what on earth did he even teach? He was so upset about the seating arrangement last week that he didn't even teach us anything.

"Group projects," he said as he took out a file from his bag luxury bag, "You will be tasked to write a complete essay on a famous person of your choice in pairs. Here are your pairings." He read out all the pairings one by one, wasting a lot of time that could have been used to do planning.

"Thomas and Y/N," he said after awhile. Okay that was alright, I could just do all the work and we would get high marks.

Tommy moved his chair next to my seat, he seemed very unmotivated to be paired with me.

"Let's discuss this at home later, I'm tired right now," I said as I leaned on my table to take a nap. I didn't have the energy in me to deal with all of that right now.

When the last period ended, I quickly went out the door before everyone started to crowd around us. I tried to find Tommy at the bus stop again which was easy since he was a giant.

"Hi," I said as I held out my hand holding my earpiece. He looked at me with a blank expression and just took the earpiece.

The whole bus ride home was extremely quiet. I didn't know what to say to someone who obviously didn't want to speak to me.

When we finally got off and were all by ourselves, I asked, "Are you okay? You seem off."

"Are you dating Oliver?" He suddenly asked. I was taken aback by the question. I didn't like Oliver at all. He was just a friend.

"Of course not," I said looking right into his eyes. His expression softened, it was as if I took weights off his shoulders.

"I like em' dumb, Oliver is like average  you know?" I continued as I tried to lighten the situation. He laughed as I grabbed his arm.

"What about me," He muttered under his breath.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, don't worry about it," He replied looking down at his shoes.

974 words