25) Portable Swamp

Y/n's POV

I was walking from Potion to Gryffindor common room because i was having free period. There was a girly scream on fifth floor corridor and I turned around only to see Umbridge standing in the middle of what looked to be swamp. How did swamp end up here? I thought. Students  started gathering around swamp and Umbridge so I joined them. Filch was helping her to get out of it.

"Which one of you lot did this?!" Filch yelled, looking at all of us.

"I know exactly who did." Umbridge Said through gritted teeth. She turned to me and asked. "Where are those Weasley twins?"

"In Gryffindor common room, Professor. But they didn't do it. They had Transfiguration with me now and went in common room. I left behind a little."  I lied, hoping She doesn't know our schedule because Transfiguration was our first class in the morning. One thing you need to be good at when you're friend with Fred and George is lying, and you need to think of a lie quickly.

"And how do I know you're not lying to me, Miss L/n?" She raised eyebrow.

Before I was able to answer, McGonagall, who I didn't notice her, said. "Weasleys were at my class until now. I had them and L/n attend my class with third years. I needed older students. L/n missed Potion but that shouldn't be problem."

What? Did she just saved Fred and George's skin, and I mean literally. But Then again she's Minerva McGonagall, as stern as she is she wouldn't let some toad-like bitch mess with her students. And I must say she's bloody good liar, I'd never think of this.

"And why is that, Minerva, If may I ask? I am after all a High Inquisitor of Hogwarts, I should know such things." Toad turned to McGonagall with unconvinced expression on her ugly face.

"Third years were learning a difficult spell for their age and I wanted a few older students that were good at that spell to show them it's not as difficult as it seems. And I don't think you need to now about my every teaching method, Dolores." McGonagall said, looking toad straight in the eyes.

"Then who did this?!" Umbridge gestured frantically at swamp.

"I'm afraid I don't have answer on that question, Dolores." McGonagall replied simply.

Umbridge turned around and started walking away with Filch at her tail. McGonagall told all of us to go back to what we were doing. I tried walking away to save myself from explaining things but she stopped me.

"L/n please follow me in my office." She said. Well I guess I won't be able to get away that easily. I followed McGonagall in her office and closed the door behind me when we got there.

"L/n will you please explain to me what is that thing." She said and sat on her chair.

"I honestly don't know, Professor." I said. "I don't even know If Fred and George did it. I didn't see them since Charms."

"I'm pretty sure it was them." McGonagall said. "So you really don't know anything about this?"

"Not a thing, Professor. It must be one of their New products or pranks. " I said honestly. "They didn't tell me anything about this."

"Alright. Off you go now."

"So... you won't give Fred and George detention?" I asked, confused and surprised in the same time.

"No. I don't see why would I. You, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley were in my class, remember." She said. "I May be old and stern, Miss L/n, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy good prank. Besides she deserved what she got. In fact I'll give each of them 10 points for creativity. Now go on. And I hope your hand is alright."