58) Trouble at the Ministry

Warnings: Umbridge's ugly face

Y/n's POV

I arrived for work via new transport. It was utterly disgusting using muggle public toilet to get here but those were our new orders. After Trio broke here couple of days ago security workers were on edge. Just like Umbridge was. And I had taken satisfaction in her pissed off face when she was telling Aurors that were weren't doing our job properly. Everyone had to be checked at the security desk the day after. But due to way too long waiting line it was dropped.

I moved through sea of people. With Tonks pregnant I mostly kept near Kingsley and Hestia Jones. Kingsley and Arthur thought it was the best to do. Everyone kept eye on all suspected members of the Order.

"L/n!" Security man, Eric, called me.

"Yes?" I approached him carefully. My eyes narrowed.

"Stand here." He gestured to the space near desk. "And give me your wand."

"And why's that?"

"Daily security check." Eric answered.

"I thought Minister called it off."

"It's back again."

"I don't see anyone waiting in the line." I gripped wand strapped to my thigh in case he tries something.

"I have orders. Your wand." He requested more forcefully. "I have permission to use force if you disobey."

Glaring, I took out my wand and gave it to him. He put it on some kind of scale. An instrument they use to see what is wand made off. My wand vibrated before a slip of paper came out from the machine from below. In the mean time he used a golden bar to check me.

"Laurel tree, dragon heart string, 11 and half inches." He read paper. "Is this your wand?" (a/n I made up a wand)

I bit my inner cheek to stop myself from making sarcastic comment. "Yes, it is."

He looked at me suspiciously. "Very well then. You can go."

I took my wand from him and quickly ran in the lift. Because of this I was late for work. I waited impatiently for lift to get to second level. Along with couple of wizards and witches I got out and headed to Auror Headquarters. Moments after I set for my cubicle, a fellow Auror walked up to me.

"L/n, Head of Magical Law Enforcement is looking for you." She said. Yaxley? Why would he need me?

"Do you know why?"

"No. I was told to let you know. He requests you now."

"Alright." I got up and subtly made eye Kingsley. He nodded quickly before returning to his report. Emerie gave me worried looked but I waved her off. Silently telling her that it's probably nothing. But I myself didn't believe it.

This cannot be good. First I'm the only one getting checked and now Yaxley. I walked towards his office as slowly as possible. Office was at the end of our Headquarters. I knocked when I stood in front of the door.

"Come in." Yaxley's cold voice sounded from the other side.

"You were looking for me." I said and stood in front of his desk. I didn't fail to notice two Aurors standing by the door.

"L/n, Ministry has found something, shall I say, interesting about your family tree." He said, smirk on his face.

"What exactly, may I know?"

"You are not on it."

"How can I possibly not be on my own family tree?" I asked. My mind relentlessly repeated: Shit. Shit. I'm in a huge shit.