63) Time to Fight

Y/n's POV

Days went annoyingly slow. Out of caution we had to stay under Death Eaters' radar. They became restless in their attempts to catch Harry even since he escaped right under their noses. It wasn't safe for anybody that went into hiding to roam around too much.

The only ones that came to Muriel's house were Bill when he brought Ollivander. And Remus when he came to tell us the news about his newborn son. Hearing that little Teddy was born and that both him and Tonks were fine brought light to everyone's lives.

But apart from that we barely went out. The twins and Lee sneaked out few days ago in break of dawn. Before anyone even got up. Molly and I were on verge of hexing them when they came back around 9am asking if breakfast was ready.

They told us they went to amply protection enchantments around joke shop. Which probably was a case but it was not the whole truth. George and Lee kept giving Fred teasing glances and wriggling their eyebrows at him. And grins on both of their faces were far too familiar to dismiss them so easily. Fred only told them to shut up and glared at them. The fact that they were hiding something was confirmed when later that day they locked themselves up in George and Lee's room, not letting anyone in. Ginny and I, as curious as we were, only got to hear Lee mutter 'secret plan' before they remembered to put enchantments around the room.

At first we thought they were preparing some kind of prank. It would normal for them to pull pranks as their view of brightening up people's moods. We tried to figure out what it might be because neither of us saw them carrying anything when they came back. We thought that they probably had everything they needed here.

But for all these couple of days there was nothing. No different hair color on anyone. Muriel hasn't found anything that would scare the life out of her. And none of us unknowingly ate anything from Skiving Snackboxes. Eventually, Ginny and I got sick of it and asked them what they were up to. As expected, the answer was 'nothing'.

Fred suggested that the two of us go stargazing in back yard tonight. He said it would help us forget war for a while and that we both need it. May has just started and weather was nice outside. He thought the night would be clear as well. Ginny complained about the fact that she wasn't invited. George and Lee dragged her on the other side of the room to whisper something to her. Her eyes widened at that and smile stretched across her face. She quickly covered up the smile and told Fred and I how she's mad at us and doesn't want to speak to us.

She did poor job in trying to hide that she doesn't know anything. She kept saying how George and Lee just 'threatened' her to let us have a moment. Obvious lie for two reasons. One, she would hex into oblivion if they did. And two, both of them wouldn't dare and would never threaten her.

I had some suspicion of what might be on Fred's mind. But I wasn't completely sure. Fred and I convinced Molly to get some rest. So the two of us were in charge of making lunch. Fred has put on music and was singing loudly, dancing around the kitchen. He looked slightly happier than he has been past couple of months. Or at least now it has been genuine happiness. Not the cover up for his real emotions. It was hard not to laugh at his silly antics and impossible not to join in duet. Muriel, of course, had to come and ruin our fun with her complains that we were being too loud.

Although, as night got closer, Fred became more nervous. His fingers drummed uncontrollably on every flat surface, kitchen table, counter, chest of drawers etc. When I asked him what was wrong he just said that he had a bad feeling about today. He wasn't the only one. Arthur and Molly have been on edge as well, even more than last couple of days. Something felt ominous about today.

We spread out a blanket in backyard. Fred lied down first. Waiting for me to get comfortable and lay my head on his chest before putting another blanket over us. His hand immediately went to comb through my hair.