59) 'I hate this fucking war'

Warnings: blood, injuries, mentions of house fire, mentions of deaths, mentions of child death(no description), angst

Y/n's POV

I haven't been at work for three days and I was going crazy inside the apartment. Yes the boys were there and the rest, if I can even call it that, was very much needed but I still wish to be able to help somehow. Sitting here and not be able to do anything made me feel trapped.

And I felt bad for having to bother Fred, George and Lee to do my missions. Fred had barely one day of rest after my mission only to go with Gorge on their earlier today. Lee and I were losing our minds for the last hour. They should've come back long ago. We constantly passed around the apartment and checked outside frequently.

"Where the hell are they?" Lee asked for the hundredth time as he poured hot water in mug and added herbs. This was the fifth tea he made since they left. He said he needed to keep himself occupied when I asked after third mug. "They better come back right now or I'll beat their asses. They have no rights to scare the hell out of us."

"They better not. There are Death Eaters outside. Two of them." I said, closing the curtain.

"There weren't when I checked."

"They just apperated." I sat at the dining table and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Something's on your mind." Lee tilted his head to the side. "Spill it."

"It's just a thought and I don't mean to give us a scare, but if something happened."

"No." Lee cut me off abruptly. "Don't even go there. They will come back."

"I believe that they will. But maybe Death Eaters saw and they waiting for them in ambush. Something minor could go wrong and result in something serious."

"Can, please, stop analyzing everything like an Auror? You sound like Mad-eye."

"I'm sorry. I just need some good reason for their delay."

"They're fine. They're Fred and George."

I nodded at Lee's words. It took us a moment to realize that they were, in fact, Fred and George. Both of our heads shot up as we looked at each other wide-eyed. We muttered 'Shit' under our breaths.

"They are Fred and George." Lee whispered.

"They have knack for trouble. Even when they aren't looking for it." I whispered back.

"Among all the boys in the school and we fell in love with those idiots." Lee rubbed his eyes. "Makes me wonder if we're as sane as we like to believe."

"Let's face it our lives would be dull without them." I chuckled.

"Yeah." Lee smiled nostalgically. "It feels like it was in another life time when we were able to be free. You know, without war. Just four of us causing chaos. Plus McGonagall chasing after us."

"Tell me about it. I miss those times. Honestly, I'd serve a month detention with Snape just to be able to come back in time."

"Snape's tormenting is small price to pay to have a semi-normal life back."

"Agree on that one." I glanced at the clock. It was showing 22:33. "Lee, can I ask something of you?"

"Anything."

"Let's real, we have no idea of what tomorrow's bearing, so if something's were to happen to me..."

"Don't even finish that." Lee cut me off. "I don't want to hear it."