62) Mission

Warnings: injury, blood, nightmare, torture(in nightmare), sad Fred, a little angst, hurt-comfort (kind of) in the end of chapter

Fred's POV

"Why does it have to be you?" I asked Y/n, leaning on the door frame while she was zipping up her jacket. Mad-eye's old Invisibility cloak on the bed next to her. Her wand strapped to her thigh. It was only three days since we went into hiding. Y/n was about to go on a mission and I didn't like the fact that she was going. Not to mention that she was going all by herself.

"Because it has to, Freddie." She answered. "There's no one else who is available. Tonks is pregnant, Remus has to be with her and Kingsley is on the other mission, plus he needs to stay as hidden as possible. The only one who's left is me." She kissed my cheek, leaving the room we were sharing at Muriel's house.

I gently grabbed her upper arm, stopping her. "I could go." I suggested. "Or I could go with you."

"No. It will be too dangerous if both of us go and cloak can't cover us both. Kingsley said that I'm going and that's it, end of the story." Y/n said sternly. Good Godric, she sounds like mum.

"It's too dangerous even if you go by yourself. That's even more dangerous. If it's the two of us we can look out for each other and help if one of us is hurt." I tried to make her understand. She can be so stubborn sometimes.

"I have to spy on Malfoy's Manor and follow some Death Eaters when they leave it. I will be in danger only if they catch me." Y/n said. "Don't worry, Freddie."

"And if they do? You'll be dead!" I let out a frustrated scoff and run a hand through my hair.

"If they do catch me, they won't kill me immediately. They'll try to get Harry's or yours locations out of me first." She was trying to calm me but that didn't help at all. They will torture her to get information.

"Of course! They'll just torture you like they tortured Hermione or even worse! And then they will kill you!" I shouted loudly. Y/n rolled her eyes and bit the inside of her cheek. An annoyed expression on her face. I didn't mean to start a fight but I didn't want her to go anywhere near Malfoy's Manor. Not after what Bellatrix did to Hermione. "It's dangerous to go all by yourself!"

"Have a bit faith in me, will you?! You said the same thing when we were moving Harry and yet I came back completely fine! Just a few cuts, nothing much!" She shouted back.

"Love, I have faith in you. Always did and always will. But this will be dangerous too." I sighed. "I just don't want you to get hurt. Or something worse." I said walking closer to her and pulling her in hug. I rested my chin on her head and kissed the top of it.

"I'll be fine, Fred, but you need to stop being an asshole." She pulled away and rested a gentle hand on my cheek. Her eyes still held bit of sternness. "If I don't come back by the sunset and don't send a Patronus saying that I'm fine, then something happened. Don't worry by then."

"Easy for you to say not to worry. If I were the one going on a mission you would be freaking out." I said, putting my hand over hers and kissing her palm.

"That's true." She chuckled. She kissed me lightly. Her lips soft against my own. I pulled her closer by her waist, refusing to let her go.

"I have to go now, Freddie." Y/n said, pulling away.

"Be careful, angel." I sighed and kissed her temple.

"I will, Freddie. I love you. So much." She said and pecked my lips again.

"I love you too, love."

We walked in living room. Dad, George, Lee and Ginny were there. Mum and Muriel must have been in kitchen. Lee gave me a disapproving look which meant they have heard argument.

"Be careful, Y/n." George and Ginny said in unison.

"Don't you dare to not come back." Lee threatened, trying to act stern but fear swimming in his eyes was obvious.

"You know what to do. Stay hidden and don't start any fight." Dad told Y/n. "Cloak won't cover you properly so be very, very careful not to be seen."

She nodded. "I know. I will be. Don't worry."

"Is Y/n already going?" Mum asked as she walked into the living room.

"Yes, Molly." Y/n said and send mum small smile.

"Be careful, dear." Mum said and gave Y/n a quick and tight hug.

"I'll start to think none of you have faith in me. I'm not child I can take care of myself." Y/n joked. "This isn't my first mission. I'll be fine."