23) The Pink Toad

Y/n's POV

Fred, George, Lee and I were in the Great Hall eating breakfast. McGonagall gave us our new schedules when we arrived. Once again I have five classes and twins and Lee have three. Probably the only reason Fred and George are still in school is to pull more pranks and drive McGonagall completely crazy and because Molly will have their heads if they dropped out. But if nothing at least I'll have three classes with them. Our first class today is Defense Against the Dark Arts. How lovely.

Once breakfast was over the four of us were heading towards DADA class room. Fred and I set together in the back row and George and Lee in front of us. We were chatting a little bit more before the toad showed up.

"Good morning, children." She greeted us with her irritating high pitched voice while walking in the classroom. Everyone stopped talking. All of us waited for her to start a lesson to see how she'll turn out to be. Although everyone knows she'll be dangerous in some way.

"Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test." She pointed her wand at the black board and the chalk wrote words as she spoke. "Or commonly known as NEWTs. Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so and the consequences may be... severe." She smiled some creepy grin which supposed to be sweet smile.

Umbridge waved her wand and books that were on her table begun floating in the air and one went down in front of each one of us. Dark Arts Defense: Basics for the Beginners was what the cover said and was adorned with the childish picture. Fred and I shared a confused look . Did she mixed books? These must be for the first years. I looked around and noticed everyone else have confused look too.

"Your previous instructions in this subject has been disturbingly uneven." She said and we all looked at her again. "But you'll be pleased to know that from now on we'll be following a carefully structured, Ministry approved course of Defense of Magic."

I open my text to see what the hell did she gave us and realized that there was nothing about using magic in it. I raised my hand.

"Yes?"

"Professor there is nothing about using spells in these textbooks. Are you sure you gave the right books?" I said.

"Using spells?" Umbridge laughed a little. "I can't imagine why would you need to use magic in my classroom."

"Because this is school for witchcraft and wizardry and using magic in classrooms is normal." I said in duh tone, causing most of the students to cover up their laughs with coughing, including Fred, George and Lee. Agh it's only five minutes in class ad I already want to Avada Kedavra her, I thought.

Umbridge shoot me angry look. "Like I said Miss L/n you won't be needing the use magic in my classes."

"So we are actually not going to use magic?" Fred asked her.

"Yes Mr. Weasley that's what I said three times already." She said with irritation clear in her voice. I turned my head in other direction and rolled my eyes. And how does she even know our last names? "You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"But if we are attacked..." Fred started and shared a look with George who continued.

"It won't be either secure or risk-free."

The toad snapped at both of them. "Students will raise their hands before speaking in my class." She quickly put her fake sweet smile back on and said. "In the Ministry's eyes, theoretical knowledge is all you need to pass your exams. And besides who would want to attack children like yourselves?"