40) Expecto Patronum

Y/n's POV

"Okay everyone today we will be learning a Patronus charm." Harry announced and all of us started chatting loudly and excitedly.

"Quite, please. Guys please a little attention!" Harry shut us up. "Patronus charm is used as protection from Dementors. A full form Patronus is hardest to master. You need to think of the happiest memory you have and keep your mind focused. Now spread a little and repeat the incantation Expecto Patronum."

Fred, George, Lee and I kept closer together than others. All of us were trying some random memories purely for the fun of it. None of them worked, which we knew will happen. We didn't try the ones that might work. We wanted to leave them for last.

Harry cleared his throat from behind us. "Can you four, please, be serious for one meeting?"

"And where's fun in that?" Fred asked.

"Seriously, guys, you're not gonna do it if you don't practice." Ron said as he joined Harry's side. "Y/n at least you do something."

"Okay, okay we'll practice." I said. "We were just playing a little. Everyone here are too serious."

"I'm surprised why none of you curious to see what would your patronus be." Ron said. "Come on get to work."

"Aye, aye, Hermione." Four of us saluted in the same time.

"It's weird when Fred and George do it but it's even weirder when all of you do it. How you even do it? No, you know what don't answer I won't try to understand your friendship." Ron rumbled.

"That's magic, Ronald." I laughed

"Harry, mate, you think we'll become like that?" He asked Harry.

They shared look before speaking in the same time. "Nah." They looked at each other with wide eyes.

"I think I'll spend a little less time with you, Harry."

"Yeah, me too the last thing I need is one more person reading my mind." Harry agreed with Ron.

They walked away and we turned to each other. With one nod we knew what the others were thinking. All of us tried using memories we thought will work.

I thought of the first time I met all of them and our first train ride. Fred and George had me and Lee laughing the whole time. A couple of blue sparks left my wand but it was nowhere near enough for full patronus. The similar thing happened to boys as well.

How about the Sorting Ceremony, I thought.

~○~

McGonagall had just led us in the Great hall and everyone's eyes were on us. She started reading the names and one by one students were sorted. Fred, George and Lee were already sorted, all of them made it in Gryffindor.

"L/n, Y/n." McGonagall called out and I stepped up and sat on the small chair.

The Hat was placed on my head and then a voice started speaking in my head. "Interesting, very interesting. You have a smart, wise mind. I see a Ravenclaw traits. A kind and loyal heart is hard to miss. Hufflepuff would suit you. Ambition and cunningness would make a great Slytherin. There's a lion inside you, waiting for it's prey. Difficult. But the fire inside you makes it easier. It burns brighter than your fears."

"GRYFFINDOR!" The Sorting Hat screamed and the Gryffindor table erupted in cheers.

~○~

"Expecto Patronum." I said. The sparks lasted longer this time and created a small blue thread but not a real Patronus.

"I did it!" George shouted. And indeed a blue coyote was running around his feet.