65) The End

Warnings: deaths, injuries, blood, angst, tears, giant spiders

s/t - skin tone

3rd person POV

Everything went faster than Percy or the trio could process. They heard Y/n yelling out Fred's name. Saw her running towards him. But explosion knocked them all off of their feet. They weren't able to see what happened to the pair of them. Dust and parts of stone wall were scattered all across whole corridor. Buzzing sound in their ears canceled out sounds of the rest of the battle.

Percy coughed as he lifted himself in sitting position. He adjusted his glasses wiped the dust off of them. "Fred!" He called for his brother. His eyes were blown wide when he was met with no response. His head whipped around in search for his brother.

Fred was laying few feet away from him. Seemingly unmoving. Percy wasted no time and in matter of seconds he was kneeling next to his younger brother. Ron by his side only seconds later. "Fred?" Percy's voice was much quieter now. Fear of the worst creeping up inside of him.

Neither Percy nor Ron could imagine losing his brother. They couldn't even begin to a boy, who was always so full of life and who always wanted make the others smile, now being one of, unfortunately, many dead. They shook him lightly. But were met with no response. Fear nestled itself in their chest.

Until...

A low groan that escaped Fred's mouth made them exhale in relief. Fred's hand slowly moved to the bleeding side of his head. He sat himself up with little help of his brothers. They checked him for more injuries. There was cut on his right calf, leaving his trousers torn and bloodied. Fred's eyes were still screwed tightly when he asked.

"Y/n? Where's Y/n?"

Ron and Percy scanned now ruined corridor. Their eyes fell on young woman. She was lying barely few feet from where Fred was last standing. A fragment of the wall has fallen on her torso. She wasn't moving. Fred followed his brothers' line of sight.

"Y/n!" He yelled, swaying from side to side as he stumbled to reach his girlfriend.

The battle seemed to stop for Fred. The trio and Percy took it upon themselves to keep Death Eaters away from the pair. With Percy being the closest to them. Fred used all his strength to move fragment away. He dropped to his knees next to Y/n.

He couldn't make out if her chest were moving or not. Gash on her torso was bleeding heavily. It went from beneath her left breast diagonally to her right hip bone. Fred immediately took off his jacket, pressing it on the wound. Trying to stop the bleeding. Her lower left arm looked broken. And by the look of that stone Fred was sure her ribs were too. But she still didn't move nor did anything to indicate that she was alive.

"Y/n, come on wake up." With free hand he gently cupped the side of her face, thumb delicately caressing her cheekbone. The other one still pressing jacket down. Her eyelids remained closed. Panic raised in Fred. His breathing became quicker and tears welled up in his eyes. "Y/n! For Godric's sake open your eyes! Please, don't do this to me!"

Percy kneeled across from Fred, on Y/n's right side. He checked Y/n's neck and wrist for pulse. Fred watched him with silent tears running down his cheeks. The vile, pessimistic part of his mind kept telling him how there was no use. That she was already gone. And that she won't come back. Percy's brows furrowed.

"What is it?" Fred asked with voice filled with concern and panic. He prayed to whatever was above that his worst fears didn't come true.

"I can't find it." Percy mumbled but his hands did not cease their searching.