51) Awkward Christmas Encounter

Y/n's POV

Christmas quickly approached. Winter had not spare us and ground was long covered in layer of thick, white snow. Auror training classes went well.

"You did wonderfully by now." My training teacher, Mr. Johnson. "I hope you have a good rest these two weeks. Merry Christmas. I'll see you after holidays." He dismissed us with smile.

"Merry Christmas." All of us smiled back.

"See you guys soon!" A boy from class waved as he walked away.

I walked with Emerie, the girl I befriended. Our notes clutched to our chests as we chatted.

"I don't get them." She whispered to me. "One day, they act like we are Aurors with years of experience and we're about to go to the battle tomorrow." She mutter quick 'sorry' when she bumped into older man. "And the other they act like we are some beginners."

"Truth to be told, we are in fact beginners." I said with small laugh when she glared at me.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we don't know how to block hex. Why would we ne applying for this job if we didn't know basics?"

"You're right. I honestly have no idea what are they thinking." I said.

"Do you think those rumours are true?" Emerie asked. "About cutting shorter our education because of the war."

"If we take everything in. The weird classes organization. War. The lack of Aurors due to losses. And everything else." I said, leaning closer to her. "It's very likely."

"So we will be their pawns." Emerie muttered, slightly anger lacing her voice.

"Let's hope not." Someone passed past us. I recognized mouse brown hair, so unlike the bubble gum pink one. "Tonks, hi!" I called.

"Oh hello Y/n. And..." She trailed off while looking at Emerie.

"Emerie." She finished for Tonks.

"Nice to meet you. Hope your training classes aren't exhausting."

"Not that much, depends on what they teach us." I said. "Molly told me she invited you for Christmas. Are you coming?"

"Oh, no. I'd like to spent it with my parents. But tell her I said 'thank you'." Tonks smile, although it didn't reach her eyes. "I gotta go. Bye, Y/n!" She shouted over her shoulder.

"Is she okay? She seemed sad." Emerie was still looking in the direction Tonks went.

"Clearly, she's not. But she doesn't want to tell anything to anyone." I said.

We entered telephone box and waited for it pull us up. We exited it and morphed among passing muggles.

"Are you going home?" Emerie asked when we entered dead end street.

"No. I need to go to St. Mungo." I pulled out my wand.

"Why? Is your boyfriend okay? His family? Your mum?" Concern took over her face.

"A friend from school and Quidditch team is there." I answered. "I'm going to visit her and see if her girlfriend is alright as well."

"See you after holidays, then." Emerie waved. "Have a great time!" And with that she disappeared in quick, swift motion.

I waved my wand as well and apperated in front of St. Mungo. I walked in and greeted lady sitting at the counter. Walking up the stairs I found Katie's room. Alicia and Angelina were already there.