56) The Battle of Eight Potters

Warnings: mention of death, blood, injuries, little bit of angst, crying, sad Freddie at the end of a chapter

Y/n's POV

"The plan is" Remus started telling the twins, Lee, Fleur, Ron, Hermione and I. "We'll use Polyjuice Potion. Seven of you will take potion to turn into Harry. It's supposed to confuse Death Eaters in case any of them found out about change of plan."

"The lucky winners are" Mad-eye's tone was supposed to be filled with joke but it was more of harsh order. "Fred, George, Y/n, Ronald, Miss Delacour, Miss Granger and Mandungus."

"That is if you agree with it." Tonks spoke up, glaring slightly at Mad-eye. "He tends to forget his manners. You should ask them nicely."

"We have no time polite tea parties where will ask someone if they want to risk their lives, Nymphadora!"

"For the millionth time, don't call me Nymphadora." She hissed. "And the fact that they're risking their lives is the exact reason you should ask and not order!"

"I don't agree with going." Mandungus raised hand.

"You don't count." Mad-eye hissed. "You're going with me, you spineless worm."

"We'll go in pairs?" George asked.

"Yes." Mad-eye took sip from his flask. "Fred and Arthur, George and Remus, Nymphadora and Ronald are using brooms. Miss Delacour and Bill, Kingsley and Miss Granger and Y/n using Thestrals."

"Why is Y/n alone?" Fred asked immediately.

"We're at the lack of people, Fred." Remus stated quietly.

Lee wanted to say something but I interrupt him. I was facing Mad-eye with raised eyebrow. Hands crossed over my chest, foot taping impatiently on the floor.

"Why am I using Thestral? I fly better when I'm on broom."

"Thestrals can't be killed. You're on your own there; Thestral is the safest option. One spell on your broom and you'll be gone." He said sternly.

"You knew about this?!" Fred looked at me with wide eyes.

"I didn't tell you everything last night. Order is preparing this plan for a long time now."

"The Death Eaters aren't ordered to kill Potter. Voldermort wants to do it himself." Mad-eye grumbled and rolled his real eye.

"Oh, so she's supposed to be the bait! An easy target for Death Eaters to catch and drag to You-Know-Who!"

"This is only to be absolutely sure in case Death Eaters know about changed dates." Remus said calmly. "There might not be any Death Eaters and everyone will be safe."

"She's not going on her own." Fred stated as it will end any further discussions. "It's way too dangerous."

"You don't get to tell me what to do." I argued.

"Can we talk outside?" Fred asked. Calm mask was plastered on his face. But there was anger and concern swimming beneath.

I sighed. "We have no time for this."

"We'll make time." He left through the back door on the kitchen and waiting 'till I moved as well.

I rolled my eyes and followed him outside. He closed door and walked at the far end of garden. The garden gnomes that had yet to be thrown out of the yard were doing their best to vandalize Molly's flowers as much as they could. Fred kicked one of them, hands in his pockets.

"Are you out of your right mind?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Fred, you heard Remus. We are lacking people. Hestia Jones and Dedalus Diggle are escorting Harry's cousins, which automatically means we have two members less to move Harry himself. You see that Mad-eye has struggle convincing Mundungus to join."