52) Boggart

Warning: mentions of blood and death (everyone are fine tho), nightmares

Y/n's POV

"Again this beginners bullshit." Emerie grumbled lowly before today's class. "Just last class we were practicing difficult jinxes and now we're facing boggart. We already did that in school!" She exclaimed quietly.

A few minutes before class we were told that today we should face boggart. None of us understood why we are suddenly going with easier stuff. I doubt that Death Eaters would bother to go around and lock up a boggart in someone's closet.

But either way I wasn't really excited for that. I'm pretty sure it won't be (your fear) like in fifth year when Remus held us lesson about them. I know what it's going to turn into this time and I don't want to see it.

"Miss L/n, you are next." Mr. Jonhson said when Emerie finished. Her cobra was now nothing more than a rubber snake on the floor. With flick of Mr. Johnson's wand boggart was back inside the chest.

I took deep breath and got up from my chair. I stood couple of feet away from boggart before Mr. Johnson released it. "On three. One, two, three."

Boggart got out and started morphing. It started from a mess of black dust before it finally turned into my biggest fear. It was just what I thought it will be. Fred's dead body was lying few feet away from me. It was pale and bloodied, his eyes wide open but lifeless. It looked too real. I stood still for a few seconds. I had to remind myself that the thing I see isn't real. That it's just a boggart. Fred is fine Y/n, I told myself.

"Riddikulus." I said, my hand shaking. Fireworks went off from the place where boggart was and Fred jumped to his feet grinning from ear to ear. A hat similar to one on the statue in front of joke shop on his head. He took it off and bowed at the waist. Grin never flattering.

"Very well, L/n." Mr. Johnson said. "You were the fastest of all of you. Great job."

"Thank you, sir." I said as I returned to sit next to Emerie.

"You good?" She asked as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Mhm." I nodded. "Why are you asking?"

"You are as convincing as I am when I tell myself I won't take that one more slice of cake." Her brown eyes bore into mine. The color of them matching with the color of her skin. "It's okay to be shaken up now. I would be."

"I'll be fine. I can't wait for classes to be over."

***

All classes were finally over. Emerie and I were heading towards the Atrium. I could barely focus on what she was saying to me. I didn't pay attention to where I was going and bumped into someone, causing person's and mine papers to fall on the floor.

"I am so sorry." I said as I bent down to pick up person's papers while Emerie helped me.

"It's all right, Y/n." Arthur said as he, too, bent down to pick up papers. "Did something happen?"

"No, no. Nothing happened." I said and give him his papers while he gave me some of mine.

"I'll see you around, Y/n. I gotta go." Emerie kissed my cheek. "Be careful."

"You too. Bye."

"You look pale. Is everything alright?" Arthur asked slightly worried. We moved closer to wall so others can pass.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened, really. Everything's good." I offered him a small smile. "How are you and Molly?" I asked, quickly changing the topic.