11) Crumpled Parchment

Fred's POV

Half of the school is currently at Snape's Study Hall. What a waste of time. George and i could do something more fun than this. Making products or pranking someone. Anyway the Yule Ball is getting closer. And neither me nor George got partners. Well, it's going to change soon. At least for me. I heard Ron, Harry and Hermione laughing as they sat in front of George and i. Snape walked past them and hit them each on head telling them to go back on work.

I took spare piece of parchment and wrote "Get a move or all the good girls will be gone" and throw it at Ron. Knowing that he ,too, don't have a partner and to tease him a bit. He and Harry read what it said. Ron became annoyed.

"Who are you going with then?" Ron said and he angrily throw parchment back at me.

I took another piece of parchment and crumpled it. I looked at Ron and Harry again saying watch and learn. I throw parchment at Y/n, who was sitting few seats away, getting her attention.

Y/n's POV

I felt piece of parchment hitting me on head. I looked around and saw Fred waving at me. I raised eyebrows. He pointed and me then at himself and started doing weird movements. As if he was dancing.

"What the hell is he doing?" Angelina whispered to me.

"I have no idea." I answered. Then something clickled in my mind. Yule Ball i mouthed to Fred. He gave me thumbs up and smiled.

"Of course." I whispered smiling from ear to ear. He smiled too and winked at me making me blush. Angelina started giggling next to me.

"Shut up." I said still smiling.

"L/n, Johnson get back to work." Snape's monotonous voice said from behind us and he hit us with book.

"Yes, sir." We said together and returned to our homework. I couldn't wipe away the smile on my face the whole time.

Fred's POV

I grinned and winked at Y/n, causing her to blush. I looked at Ron smirking and winked at him. George nudged me wiggling his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at him but my grin remained the same.

After some time George and i finished our homework and headed out of Great Hall.

"I can't believe she said yes." I told George smiling like an idiot and running a hand through my hair.

"I can't believe you finally asked her out. Well sort of. But honestly i started loosing faith that you'll even ask her to the Ball." He said and i rolled my eyes. "Fred, you are in love with her since first year ask her to be you girlfriend before half of the people in school lose their minds, including me."

"Why would you all lose your minds?" I asked raising eyebrow.

"Because everyone see there is a thing going on between you and Y/N. There are even bets going around on when will you two get together and how." George said.

"What?!" I said looking at George in disbelief. He just shrugged. People are betting on us.

"Guys, wait up!" Y/n yelled from behind us before i had chance to ask George anything else. She came closer to us.

"Hi, love." I said wrapping my arms around her shoulders.

"Hey, Y/n." George greeted her.

"Hey, guys." She said and smiled at us.

"I'm glad you agreed to go to the Yule Ball with me." I said smiling down at her.

"I'm glad you asked me." She said returning the smile.

"Of course. Who else would i ask?" I told her.

"Okay, okay you two stop flirting." George said. Y/n blushed but stuck her tongue out at George nonetheless. I blushed too but didn't bother to move my hand from Y/N's shoulders.

"It's not our fault you don't have partner." I said shrugging.

"Well you two are going to help me figure out a way to ask Angie to the Ball." George said.

"Have you think about "Hey, Angie do you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?" " Y/n asked with duh expression.

George rolled his eyes. "L/n do you want to help me or not?"

"Okay, chill out. We'll figure something out." Y/n said. "Let's get to work then. We have to be fast. I heard some Hufflepuff guy saying he wants to ask her."

***

Y/n's POV

"Soooo my brother finally asked you out, ha? Took him long enough." Ginny said and plopped herself on couch next to me.

"He didn't ask me out. We're going as friends." I said, slightly sad about that.

"Did he said that you are going as friends?" Ginny asked raising eyebrow.

"He didn't but..." I tried to say but Ginny cut me off.

"Then you are going on date."

"It's not date Gin." I said.

"Yeah it is. You and Fred are just too blind to notice you like each other." She said.

"Ginny he..." she cut me off again.

"Godric, Y/n you are so stubborn! It's so obvious!" She almost yelled. Thank Godric there isn't many people here. And Fred and George aren't here. "Besides you're in love with him since your first year. You said that yourself." She added smirking.

"It wad bad idea to tell about my crush on Fred." I said putting my face in my hands.

"I would figure out anyway. Both of you are obvious." She said. "But don't worry. I'll tease you much more about Fred."

"You are turning into Fred and George, i swear." I said groaning.

"Well, of course. I learned from them." Ginny said.

"Who are you going with?" I asked her.

"With Neville." She answered.

"That's so sweet. Neville's great." I said smiling.

"Yeah." She said.

"You still want it to be Harry?" I said.

"What? No, no." She answered.

"Don't lie to me Ginevra. I know you like him." It's mine turn to tease her.

"Shut up." She said and blushed.

"Listen, Ginny. Try to hang out with other guys. It'll  get your mind off of him. Harry is not the only guy in Hogwarts." I said.

"Thanks Y/n, I appreciate it." She said and gave me a smile. "But you better make a move with my brother before i kill both of you love blinded idiots."

"Woah, there Weasley. No need for committing murders." I said and we laughed.

"I just want you and Fred to get together. You two would be the cutest couple in Hogwarts." She said and i smiled to myself.