8) Alastor Mad-eye Moody

Y/n's POV

"Morning, guys." I said when i walked into common room from my dorm. Fred, George and Lee were sitting on armchairs.

"Morning, Y/n." All of them said.

"It was about the time you come down. Fred made us wait for you and i'm starving." George complained.

"You didn't have to wait for me. But thanks Freddie." I said smiling at my best friend.

"I told him that. Honestly you would be late for your own funeral. Even death wouldn't be able to stop you from being late." Lee said and we all laughed.

"Come on. Let's go eat before George dies." I said standing up.

We entered the Great Hall and it looks like whole school turned against Harry. Everyone were giving him dirty looks. Almost everyone seemed to think that he somehow put his name in to get eternal glory. Honestly he don't need Tournament for that. He's The Boy Who Lived after all. Just few people believed that he didn't.

"It's going to be interesting on DADA today." Fred said while we were eating.

"Definitely." The three of us said.

"He must have tons of amazing stories. I mean he is ex Auror." I said.

"I hope they are more interesting then Lockheart's stories." George said with laugh.

"I can't believe all the girls were making heart eyes on him." Lee said.

"Hey! I wasn't one of them!" I defended myself. "Besides i told you then that he didn't do any of those things."

"True." They said.

***

We sat at DADA classroom. Fred and i sat in front George and Lee like every year. We were chatting before Professor Moody came in classroom. His fake eye spun around looking at all of us. He approached board and took chalk and wrote his name.

"Alastor Moody. Ex Auror." He said. "Any questions?" No one said anything, his fake eye spun again. "Fine then. You passed lessons about magical creatures. But didn't studied much about curses." We nodded.

"Ministry doesn't want me to teach you this, but who cares anyway. Do you know how many unforgivable curses are there?" Moody asked.

I raised my hand, but no one else did. "There are three unforgivable curses, Professor." I said.

"Correct Miss..."

"L/n." I finished for him.

"Miss L/n. Five points to Gryffindor. Can someone name one of them?" He asked.

Fred raised his. "My dad told me about one. Imperius Curse." He answered.

"Right. You are Weasley, aren't you?" Mad-eye asked and Fred nodded. "Yeah that curse gave a lot of trouble to Ministry few years back. Five points to Gryffindor again." He walked to his desk and opened the jar with spider in it. "Engorgio." He said and spider grow bigger.

"Imperius Curse give a complete control to the one who use it. Imperio." Mad-eye said and pointed his wand at spider. It froze for a second and than Mad-eye motioned it to our table. I moved my arms under the table, not wanting to touch spider. Mad-eye moved it around classroom, some girls were screaming and jumping slightly when spider come on their tables.

"Now the second one. Who knows?" I raised my hand again. "Miss L/n."

"Cruciatus Curse, the torturing curse." I answered.

"Right again. Five points." He pointed his wand at spider again. "Crucio." He said and spider started crawling on Moody's desk emitting scream-like sounds. I almost felt sorry for spider. Why the hell is Moody showing us this?

"And now the last unforgivable curse. Who will name it?" I looked around. No one dared to raised their hand. I decided to raise mine again.

"Miss L/n?" He asked.

"The killing curse, sir." I said.

"Right. The killing curse. Avada Kedavra." He said enthusiastically pointing his wand at me. My eyes widen thinking he will use it on me. I felt Fred reaching for my hand under the table squeezing it.

"Avada Kedavra." He said now pointing his wand at spider. It stopped moving, lying on Moody's desk dead.

***

The class ended. After the "show" with spider and unforgivable curses Mad-eye told us about things he did when he was Auror. I always thought that he was a little insane. But to actually show us unforgivable curses. I didn't expect  that. We went in Great Hall for lunch.

"Hey, guys!" Ron yelled motioning us to sit with him, Harry and Hermione sat few seat away due to Harry and Ron's fight.

"How was your first class with Moody?" Ron asked. We told him everything, Harry and Hermione probably listening too.

"For a second i thought he'd kill me." I said.

"Come on, Y/n, he wouldn't actually kill you." George said taking a sip of his pumpkin juice.

"Oh shut up, George, like you wouldn't be scared if he did that to you." Fred told him. George opened his mouth to say something but closed them again.

"That's horrible." Hermione told me.

"It was a bit." I said.

"Guys i gotta go. I have Herbology. Bye." I said after a lunch.

"It is so nice to have only three classes, don't you think, Freddie?" George asked.

"It is, Georgie." Fred replied. I just rolled my eyes at them.

It seems that we have some company on Herbology now. Few Beauxbatons girls came in a bit after us all. By their looks i would never say that they will attend Herbology. One of them came to me. She looked a bit familiar.

" 'ello. Do you mind if joined you?" She asked in her French accent.

"No, of course not. I'm Y/n L/n." I said and extended my hand.

"Fleur Delacour." She said and smiled.

"I thought you looked familiar." I said. "Congratulations on getting in tournament."

"Thank you." She said.