C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 5̸

I sanitised the window, my seat and the table at the sudden realisation that I didn't disinfect them and then sat down again.

The boy looked at me with a disgusted face as he walked to my table and started giving me his usual disgusted look.

I looked at him and then I looked away.

But... since when was he in my class?

I heard students come inside, one after the other. The corridor filled with their hideous germs and sweaty arms, a disgusting sight. Lucky me that I was here early.

I saw Komori and Seiko walk in together, they were giggling about something and then they looked over at me and Sakusa, Seiko frowning for some odd reason.

"(Y/N), I told you that we're not in the same class anymore" Seiko said and I looked at her.

Did I walk into the wrong classroom?

"What's my class again?" I asked.

"The top class, you have the highest grades in the year so stop forgetting which class you are in" she scolded me.

"But we were in the same class last year..." I said.

"Not anymore. Now, chop chop, you need to get to your class before the bell goes and you end up being late" she said as she pushed me out of the class and I had to walk myself to my own, disgusting classroom.

I opened the door and saw the same germs that I see everyday which made me frown. They all turned to look at me, they made a few whispers as I made my way to sanitise my own seat.

~❦❦~

"These lessons are too easy", I thought to myself as I looked out of the window. The teacher looked at me once, then the teacher looked away again, he knew that these lessons were too easy for me and had been insisting me to move a up a year but I chose not to.

I had already moved up a year, so what's the point in moving up another one???

Instead, he gives me advanced work occasionally and when tests were around he'd give me third year tests.

It was finally lunchtime, and thank god it was, I rushed out like there was no tomorrow and made sure that there was no one in the roof.

I started eating my food and then Seiko had come up a while after to eat food with me.

"The Nationals is coming up" Seiko told me as she took a seat next to me and I nodded.

"Who are we playing first?" I asked her.

"A team called..." she said as she took out the paper with the list. "Seijoh" she told me.

"Apparently the third best female setter goes there" she added and I nodded.

Now that I realise, I had a rank didn't I?

"Hey, Seiko" I called out to her and she looked at me, giving me her full attention. "I had a rank didn't I?" I asked her and she widened her eyes.

"Yes, you were put fourth best female setter. They also gave you the nickname 'Golden Crow'  if I remember well." she explained.

"Why Golden Crow?" I asked her.

"Because according to them, whenever you are in the court, you start acting like a crow with your opponents. Your intelligence and adaptability during matches has gained you a lot of attention around Japan.  And thanks to that, a lot of people seem to have taken a like to our team, since the sets that you give us makes us stand out individually." she explained.