C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 2̸7̸

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"Number 2, Kageyama (Y/N), Vice captain" she said as I headed towards the court and a loud cheer came from the crowd who have been awaiting for my return.

"Kageyama is a crowd's favourite, they have been anticipating for her match against Gi Pyeon, second ranked female setter." The commentators said.

We were playing against Shiratorizawa.

The names from our side had ended and then the commentators started saying the names of Shiratorizawa.

"Number 2, Gi Pyeon, Vice Captain" the woman said as Pyeon walked into the court, high fiving her coach and her advisor before coming to line up right in front of me.

We looked at each other and we started smirking, having our own little conversation with our eyes while the people around us felt the tension.

"It seems that Kageyama and Gi have already started throwing daggers at each other, I wonder what relationship they have to have such a high tension as soon as they see each other." One of the commentators said as the other one chuckled.

"It was heard that the two have played against each other before and Gi has a strong sense of beating the person she looks up to the most." The commentator that was chuckling added.

"The top two setters, I wonder which one will take the spotlight and the victory home today" the first commentator said.

The names quickly ended and we bowed to each other before I went to the back line as Seiko went to check which one of the two teams will be serving first today.

The referee quickly pointed to our side of the court.

Perfect, you get a taste of my service ace as soon as the match starts. I said as I give Pyeon a smirk.

I stood on the back line as I took a deep breath and opened my eyes when the whistle blew.

I threw the ball up in the air and took a few steps before jumping and spiking the ball.

In the span of two seconds, the ball graced Pyeon's face and had ended on the other side of the court, just a little bit behind her.

"A service ace from the get go!" the commentator said as I had a big smirk on my face, which was indirectly asking Pyeon to do better than that.

Her team served and the outside hitter was able to receive it and passed it to me.

I got ready as I nodded to Seiko and she moved to the side of the court.

Here it is, my refined version of the Miya's quick attack. I though to myself as I set it up with my back facing the court, Seiko running across one side of the net before jumping and spiking it.

"That's another point for Itachiyama" the commentators said.

"It seems that Shiratorizawa won't be having it easy today" the other commentator said.

Pyeon was now serving, I got ready to receive as she gave me a big smirk before setting.

The jump float serve huh? I asked myself as I looked at the ball, waiting for the right momentum where it stops moving in two directions.

Now! I thought as I received the ball and the middle blocker did a normal set for Seiko who spiked it before getting blocked.

"Shiratorizawa has made Itachiyama lose their momentum and have finally scored their first point in this match. The tension between the two teams is build up that even I'm getting the chills" the commentator said.