C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 7̸

"You have the basics on the palm of your hand. However, I wanted to ask as to why you don't show all of your potential in the court" he told me as he fidgeted with the ball in his hands.

"What do you mean?" I asked myself as I tilted my head in confusion.

"You have to find that out for yourself, I'm only here for guidance, not to tell you the answers" he said.

"Samu!" he exclaimed, a boy looking like him appeared out of nowhere, half eaten onigiris on both of his hands as he looked towards the two of us.

"Nice to meet you Kageyama" he told me, his face filled with grains of rice as he looked at me with a really calm expression, his eyes seemed like he was bored as hell and had been forced by his twin to come here.

"Nice to meet you too, you can call me (Y/N) though" I said.

"My name is Osamu between" he said, taking another bite into the onigiri.

"I brought my brother today because you'll be setting to him. I also didn't want to leave him alone at home because he would've started to eat the whole kitchen" he told me, whispering the last part as Osamu took another bite of his onigiri.

"When Samu finishes eating, I want you to show me your strongest and weakest set" he told me as he passed the ball to me.

I looked at Osamu who still had a mess around his mouth of grains of rice. It was making me mad. Mad to the fact that I took out my handkerchief and a pen. I put the handkerchief around the pen and then I passed it to Osamu who looked at me with a confused expression.

"You have grains of rice around your mouth, it's making me feel sick" I said and he nodded, taking the handkerchief I had passed him and started cleaning his face. However, as soon as he finished cleaning his face with my precious handkerchief, he was thinking of giving it back.

"Keep it, I don't want your disgusting germs" I said while sanitising my hands as well as my pen.

"Samu, are you done eating?" Atsumu asked him and the twin brother nodded.

"Remember, show me your strongest and weakest sets" Atsumu reminded me. A calm expression on his face as he was thinking of what I was going to do.

I explained how my sets will work to Osamu who simply nodded at everything I said.

I tossed the ball and Osamu made sure to pass it towards the back as he started running to the net.

I set it as powerful and as quick as possible as Osamu had already jumped. The ball reached the front of his palm, and he slammed it on the opposite side.

"So the set you tried during the training camp?" Atsumu asked and I nodded.

"It seems to have developed a lot since the last time I saw it. Now show me your weakest set" he told me.

I went back to the back line and fidgeted with the ball. I took a very deep breathing before tossing it up, Osamu passing it to me and I did a back set towards him.

The ball literally went somewhere it didn't have to go to, Osamu looked at the ball as it went a few inches next to him, not even reaching his hand.

"Alright, so you have a problem doing back sets?" Atsumu asked and I nodded.

"We'll work on it for a few days, before I start giving you proper advice. The more sets you're able to do, the better" he told me.

And damn this felt like hell. For the next few days, I was as sweaty as a chicken in the oven. Disgusting, right? But it allowed me to be closer and closer to actually being able to make good back sets.