C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 9̸

(Note: I haven't read the manga so I don't really know what happens in the nationals with Itachiyama... So I'm sorta gonna make it up or skip some parts (the men's matches), sorry. I have so many plans ready for this fanfic, y'all better be ready.

Also, if I see any comments spoiling the manga without any spoiler tags, I'll make sure to delete them! It's really disrespectful if you don't put the spoiler tags.)

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

The nationals had started eventually, some days I would go to practice with Atsumu after a match and somedays I'd just not go because it was a little late.

Match after match, we won them one by one.

The day to play against Seijoh was already here. My hunger to claim the third's position was increasing the nearer I got to the stadium.

I looked at the crowd, there were just too many germs. They were standing all next to each other, no masks, no hand sanitiser nor any distancing.

I took deep breaths as we bowed to each other before starting the game, my mind already concentrating as it entered its usual court zone.

"Mieko Bando, this is her last tournament. If she doesn't win this match, she can say goodbye to winning the nationals" one of the commentators said.

"Kageyama (Y/N) though, she has another year to prove herself in the court. If she wins this match, she'll easily take Mieko's rank" another commentator said.

"The two captains have shook hands, the referee is going to make the call on who serves first" the first commentator said as the referee took out a coin and flipped it in the air.

The referee then asked our captain heads or tails, I couldn't make out what what our captain said and the referee looked at the coin.

He pointed at the opponent's side of the court.

They'll be serving first

I got myself ready as the ace of the opposite team had served.

"A service ace!" the commentator exclaimed.

"Seijoh has taken the first point of the match" she added.

"Wonder how Itachiyama will make a comeback" the other one said.

Our middle blocker was ready to serve. After the whistle blew, she took a few breaths before looking up again and spiking the ball to the other side of the court.

Seijoh's outside hitter received it and passed it to Mieko, who had set it to the ace of the team.

"Remember what I told you guys before the match!" I shouted.

My teammates heard this and started moving to the places of the devised plan that I told them yesterday.

"If the ball ever gets set to the ace, make sure that she's not able to do a line shot. Force her to do a cross spike, that'd make our Libero be able to receive it" I told them and they all nodded.

I looked at our libero and gave her a reassuring nod as the opposite team's ace slammed the ball in a cross spike.

Our libero...

"She received it!" the commentator said.

"Suzume was able to receive that cross spike and put it back in the air!" the second commentator added, making the people in the stands scream.

"Seiko!" I said as I looked at her and she nodded.

"You'll be starting with your third strongest weapon, we can't allow them to know already that you have learnt the twins' quick attack" the coach told me and I nodded.