C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 2̸8̸

⚠️ This is a mid chapter ⚠️

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

We bowed to each other before my team turned to the audience and we bowed to them.

If I am honest. As much as I could say that I was happy about winning, I felt a little bit guilty for those third years who didn't get to have the nationals as their final High School victory.

The audience gave us a loud cheer, congratulating each one of the members.

Then they turned to us third years and told us that they will support us no matter what pathway in life we choose.

I felt a tear on my eyes.

"Oh Kageyama, you barely shed any tears throughout the past three years! You're going to make us cry" a person said as they took of their glasses to wipe away their tears.

"Thank you very much!" I said and I bowed to the audience once again, leaving them with a shocked yet confused expression at my sudden action.

They soon started clapping again and cheered at my sudden gratitude, the gratitude that they were not expecting over the past three years.

"Let's go, there's another match waiting for tbe court to be free" Seiko said and we all nodded as we went to the changing room to have a talk.

Sakusa's POV

I walked down the stairs, from the stands to the court.

I was still thinking about my decision until Komori suddenly stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Kiyoomi" he told me and it picked my attention.

"If you still don't know an answer, just follow your heart" he said.

"To follow... my heart...?" I asked him and he nodded.

"But whatever you choose, don't regret the choice that you made and live through the consequences of that choice" he told me, in a threatening tone that I never heard before.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked him.

"For your own good, now let's go" he said and we kept walking towards the door that led to the door to meet up with our teammates.

The captain went first and I got called a little after him.

"Number 4, Sakusa Kiyoomi, Ace" the man said and I started jogging towards the court, leaving behind any of the thoughts that I had before.

I air high fived the coaches before going to the court.

"This is the second time that Fukurōdani and Itachiyama face off in the srping nationals for two consecutive years" the commentator said.

"I wonder if Fukurōdani will take the win today or allow Itachiyama to take the victory home once again" the second one said.

I jogged next to Komori and I looked at him, he had a really serious expression that could scare anyone.

If looks could kill, Komori would've killed the opposite team by now I thought to myself as I turned to face Fukurōdani, who have started to line up.

The one guy who picked my attention was Akaashi, who was directly looking at me. While giving him a death glare, I gritted my teeth as I was getting annoyed by his decision to stare at me.