C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 2̸3̸

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Your POV

"It all started when my father said that his secretary had a daughter who was really good at volleyball and would take the first rank soon" he said, the music around us playing slower than when it started.

"He decided that the two of us should have an arranged marriage and I didn't even know who it was until he showed me a picture of you" he told me and then glanced at his father for a seconds before turning back to me.

"At first I couldn't really believe it, my father making me marry someone that I didn't like? But a few weeks later... you confessed to me, that's when I started noticing that the marriage... I didn't want it to happen. I didn't want you to marry me as I liked Yuriko at the time... This is because I didn't want to give you a hard marriage, your feelings being so real but mine being towards a different person. I didn't have a choice but to avoid you." I gave a nod and heard him sigh.

"But ever since you got to be first ranked setter, he's been trying to get me to marry you again" he told me and my eyes widened.

"But-" I said before getting interrupted.

"I'm not saying I want to be friends for the marriage. It's just that when you suddenly left the school, it made me realise that I was in the wrong all along. Besides, I've already moved on from Yuriko... and she told me that I caused you to have trauma when confessing to someone" he said and looked at me in the eye.

"So let me ask right here and right now. Do you want to be friends Miss Kageyama (Y/N)?" he asked me.

I gave it a deep thought.

He gave me the real side of the story... so maybe it wouldn't hurt to be his friend again.

"I need to give this a bit more thought. Be we can be acquaintances for now" I said.

"Understandable, it's hard to move on from things. I want you to take as long as you need, but I hope we can be the friends we once were." He told me, looking at me with serious eyes.

"Then, we can be normal friends. Not too close but not too much of strangers. That way, as your trauma begins to fade away, we can start becoming closer friends" he said as the dance finished and we moved elsewhere.

"That is true, then let's start with a formal greeting as new friends." I said as we moved to a balcony since I needed fresh air.

Akaashi turned to me before opening his mouth to speak.

"Hello, my name is Akaashi Keiji. It's a pleasure to meet you on such a lovely night" he said as he stretched out his hand to me.

"Hello Akaashi, my name is Kageyama (Y/N). It is a pleasure to meet you too" I said as I sanitised his hand and then shook hands with him.

"Please call me Keiji" he told me.

"Then please call me (Y/N)" it will only be fair.

We both turned to the night sky and I felt my lips curl.

"Say Keiji" I started speaking.