C̸h̸a̸p̸t̸e̸r̸ 3̸1̸

"And that's what happened" I told him and Keiji took a really big sigh.

"So what are you going to do?" he asked me.

"I'll move on... it hurts me every time that I see him with her" I told him.

"That'd be for the best" he told me and I gave him a nod.

Which was soon interrupted by a loud scream that Komori let out.

"Told him not to die" I said while chuckling, Keiji gave me a small smile before looking away.

"Is there anything that you might need?" he asked me and I shook my head.

"Alright then, come over from time to time. I miss the old times when you used to do that" he told me while chuckling and I nodded.

"You know, I never really expected to be where I am right now. First ranked female setter for a whole year and all" I said truthfully and he nodded.

"No one knew that you'd face the world like you did, and you should be proud of it" he told me and I nodded.

"I better get going, I promised Bokuto that I would give him a few sets" he said, getting up from the couch and walking towards the door.

We bid our farewells and then I closed the door  shut behind me.

"I can't really go to Seiko right now because I'll end up third wheeling between the two of them" I said while sighing.

"Better pick up my phone then," I said. Scrolled through some apps before throwing my phone across the couch, picking up the remote control of the TV and started watching some random thing while sighing.

I'm going to have to get used to this... I thought to myself.

And I wish that I it could've been that way, but it wasn't.

No matter how many days passed, I wasn't able to get used to the pain in my heart.

Day in and day out I'd face Sakusa on my way to school, and out of school. We would talk from time to time since neither of us had decided to end the friendship.

And one day, Yuriko was outside of the school. She seemed to be waiting for someone and I assumed that she was waiting for Sakusa.

That was until she saw me and fully stopped me, her face looking serious as if she had something to say.

"I'm here to apologise." She said, something that I wasn't expecting to come out from her mouth.

"Why?" I asked, knowing that Yuriko isn't usually like this.

"No reason, I'll be on my way now." She said, turning the opposite direction even though I thought that she was waiting for Sakusa to come out.

"Guess she wasn't waiting for him after all." I said, walking towards my house as I remembered I still didn't tell my answer to the American team.

I took out a piece of paper, it had a phone number in it. Soon, I started dialling it as I started making my final decision as a third year.

"Hello?" I asked when the person on the other side picked it up.

"Hello, who may I be speaking with?" a woman asked me.

"Kageyama (Y/N)" I told her.

"Oh Kageyama! Have you thought about our offer?" she asked me.

"Yes" I said.

"What's your final answer"

I took a deep breath before thinking about my final answer.