22.

Meher pushed the door and walked inside interrupting the meeting which had already begun.

A lady clad in a fancy black blouse and red pants stopped in between her presentation at the interruption.

"Do you not know that it's unwise to interrupt an ongoing meeting." Said a man clad in blue suit with salt and pepper hair and a French beard. He looked at Meher from his thick rimmed glasses, and motioned her to leave.

Meher visibly gulped and looked at Arham for support.

"You are late Ms Mehrunisa and tardiness is not something we appreciate at the Butt cooperates." Arham said sparing her a glance.
"Please wait outside and Seher will brief you later." He said his eyes were focus backed on his laptop screen.

Meher looked at him for a few seconds in disbelief, she then turned around and walked out of the glass door.

"Just 10 minutes." She hissed, taking seat on the red couch opposite the conference room. "I know I'm late but can't he just go a little easy on me, I'm his wife I deserve that much." She said looking at the roof, complaining to the almighty.

Meher fished her book out of her bag and mentally thanked Yusuf for forcing her to keep her book with her so she could study in case she had any free time on her.

Browsing through a book for a some time she felt a shadow looming on her and then someone cleared their throat.

"The meeting, it's over."

Meher looked up to see a beautiful face looking at her, it was the same girl who had been giving the presentation when Meher had entered.

She was around 25-26 years old, a perfect heart shaped face with luscious lips painted velvety red and almond shaped eyes and high cheek bones.

"I'm Seher." She said extending her perfectly manicured nails towards Meher.

"H..hi I'm Mehrunisa, you just call me Meher." Meher said with a smile.

From the corner of her eyes she saw the glass door open again and two men walked out of the room, one the older man who had asked her to leave and the other who had made her leave, her husband.

Meher watched him as he spoke to the older gentleman and walked towards them, meeting his eyes Meher smiled at him. As Arham walked closer Meher straightened her posture ready to talk to him but as the wind blew past her, not bothered by her presence in its way, Arham walked ahead crossing Meher, completely overlooking her as if she was invisible.

Seher observed Meher's slumped shoulders as Arham passed by and smiled sadly at her.

"It's okay, you'll get use to his indifferent behaviour." She said placing her hand on Meher's shoulder. "Let me should you the FD and introduce you to your work and others." She said with a perfect smile.

"What's FD ?" Meher asked innocently walking beside Seher towards the elevator

"Fashion department." Seher said and got inside the lift pressing the 7th floor.

A quick elevator ride late, Meher stepped out into paradise, her paradise.

Racks and racks of clothes lined the walls, long working benches and mannequins were stationed everywhere, the smell of fresh fabric and the sound of Silai machine (stitching machine) made her feel giddy with excitement.

After breaking out from her moment of joy, Meher jogged quickly towards Seher.

"I didn't know Arham had an apparel business as well." Meher said.