13.

The morning rays bathed the room in a yellow mist.
Meher opened her eyes and stretched her arms lazily. Squeezing shut her eyes before slowly fluttering them open.

She opened her eyes and looked around the empty room, looking down at herself clad in one of Arham's T-shirt, a shy smile spread across her face.

Yesterday had been beautiful, they had finally begun the journey as a husband and wife.
(AN: they haven't consummated their marriage)

Meher threw the cover off her body and swung her legs, getting down from the bed. The sticky wetness she felt between legs reminding her of the pleasurable night she spent with her husband before.

He had been so careful with her, like she was some porcelain doll who would break under a little pressure, he had prepped her with warm kisses and showered her with endearments and most important of all he had confessed to her that he loved her.

How did she get so lucky ?

Meher smiled like a silly school girl heading towards the bathroom to take a warm shower.

Getting ready for the day, she a pistachio coloured dress with a jacquard silk dupatta, Hooriya had selected the dress for her and she was absolutely in love with it and what better day to wear it than toward, when she was celebrating a new beginning.

Smiling looking at her reflection in the mirror, she lined her eyes with kohl, she wouldn't need any other makeup today, her cheeks were already flushed and her skin had a glow.

Quietly getting down the stairs she made her way to the kitchen to help with the breakfast.

Surprisingly the only person who was present in the kitchen was Safa, there was no sign of Gul or Hooriya, who usually were always stationed there.

"Arey ! You are up so early ?" Safa asked with a broad smile on her face looking at Meher lovingly.

"Assalam Walekum aunty." She greeted Safa.

"Wa salam beta, it's too early to wake up."she said patting Meher lovingly on her head.

"I was up, so I thought I'd help make the breakfast, I'm stuck in the study for the rest of the day so, this is the least I could do." Meher said giving her mother in law a small smile.

"Oh we don't do that here beta, just because you are the daughter-in-law doesn't mean that you need to report to the kitchen, I'm there to take care of these silly things. Just focus on your exams which are coming." Safa assured her.

"Ji aunty." Meher replied with a smile. "I'll make some tea for us ? If you don't mind."

"I'd love to have some." Safa replied with a huge smile plastered on her face. Finally she had found a daughter, why couldn't she be the first and only wife for her son, but she wasn't complaining, she was happy that a girl she liked and would soon surely love had entered her son's life for good.

The two women, one carrying the tray with tea and cups and the other with light snacks walked outside the kitchen to the indoor pool side. A round patio table was kept there. Meher placed the tray on the table and poured a cup of tea each for the two.

Safa kept the tray down and pulled out the remote attached to the wall and pressed a button, the glass wall lifted up and now the pool opened into the garden.

"Wow." Meher chucked. "This is so fancy." She said excited like a child seeing a magic trick.

"I agree." Safa laughed too seeing Meher's happy face. Meher mentally slapped herself for acting so childish in front of her mother in law.