Epilogue 2.

Meher pushed the luggage trolley topped with her two huge suitcases, her hands were sweating with nervousness mixed with a dash of excitement. She was meeting Yusuf after a year and a half.

"Meher slow down, I'll break my ankle catching up with you." Eira whined as she manoeuver through the crowd to keep up with Meher.

"Yes slow down Meher, because if Eira breaks her ankle, Arsal will break our necks." Zara said giggling like a teenager.

Eira and Arsal, you heard that right. In the process of playing Cupid for her sister and Arsal, Eira pricked herself with the arrow and Arsal realised what true love really meant after spending time with Eira.
Long story short, they were married for two years now and Eira two months pregnant.

"Fine fine. I'll slow down not for you but for my peanut." Meher said looking at Eira's flat stomach.

"Whatever." Eira rolled her eyes.

"Are you sure you don't want to come home ? Khala said you could stay over and -."

"Meher, we are fine." Zara reassure with a smile. "You go enjoy the week before the show with your family."

"Thank you, both of you." Meher replied looking at the two sisters gratefully.

"And invite all of them for the show." Eira chipped in.

"I will." Meher said nodding her head. "My heart it's beating so wildly. I'm scared."

"Of course, you are meeting him after a year, who knows he would have found someone else by now." Eira said playfully earning a whack from her sister.

"It's going to be fine, it's just Yusuf remember." Zara said with a small smile.

Despite being her business partners and great friends with Meher, the two had no clue about Meher's past, about Arham, Hoor and even about Yusuf.

Meher took in a deep breath as she pushed her bags out and stepped out of LAX and was enveloped by the warm, humid air of Los Angeles.

It wasn't her first visit, she had been here multiple times in the last five years but she felt the nerves hitting her for the first.

She watched people standing behind the barracks waiting for their friend or family, longing to be reunited.

Meher searched among the different faces, hoping to spot the one she was looking for.

"Looking for someone ?" Came the husky voice from behind her, making the hair on the back of her neck stand.

The same dimpled cheeks, the amber eyes, sporting a five o'clock shadow, wearing his trademark smile, in a black shirt and blue denims, stood the man she had been nervous to meet.

Watching him there felt unreal, like the man standing in front of him was a part of her dream.
Meher threw her hands around him and latched himself to him.
Feeling his arms securely hold her around her waist Meher took in a deep breath.

His familiar smell of green tea and fresh paper made her close her eyes savour the moment.

"Hi." She said pulling out of the hug and let out a nervous laugh.

"Walekum Assalam Nur, not an hour in wilayat and have you forgotten our roots already ?" Yusuf said gasping dramatically.

"Hi." She repeated, her nerves getting the best of her.

"Tauba, one year and a few fleeting months and you have changed ! Allah Miya who have you sent where is my Nur Jahan." Yusuf said looking at the sky.