45.

Three days since Arham and Meher had started to talk again, after clearing the thick fog between themselves, the atmosphere of the hospital room had become livelier.

All the Butt's were gathered in the room, Safa and Umair took the sofa, where as Meher sat on the stool next to Hooriya's bed and Arham stood next to the foot end of the bed.

"....and then Arham fell down the stairs and got 14 stitches." Hooriya said laughing loudly.

"Hooriya you prick, I hurt myself." Arham whined.

"Yes, but it's still funny." She said laughing, her laughing turned to a bouts of coughs making Meher stand up in attention immediately and Arham rush towards her.

"I'm fine, I'm fine.. not dying today." She said cracking a smile.

"Not funny Hooriya baaji." Meher said seriously. She hated when Hooriya humoured her death.

"Okay sorry meri jaan, sorry." Hooriya said patting Meher's cheeks with her frail hand.

"Did you talk to Rasheeda today Hoori ?" Umair asked.

"No mammu jaan, I .. I avoid it, she cries too much." Hooriya replied.

"She is your mother Hooriya, she will cry, she must be feeling helpless being stuck there not able to come here to see you." Safa said.

"Phupho's visa proceedings should take another day or two Baba." Arham informed. "The Pakistani embassy have been informed that it's an emergency so they should issue the visa soon."

"Alright." Umair said giving Arham a nod.

The door of the room opened and Alia and Yusuf stepped in.

"Ahh, my favourite son is here." Umair said getting up to greet Yusuf.

"Assalam Walekum uncle." Yusuf said hugging Umair.

"Walekum Assalam mere bete." Umair said hugging him back.
"You stay in the same house but I don't see you anywhere, where are you busy ?" Umair said patting Yusuf's shoulder.

"Uncle I've volunteered in the hospital, for as long as I am in Islamabad I'll help."

"You mean for as long as Hooriya lives ?" Hooriya chipped in.

"Hooriya, stop." Arham said giving him a stern look.

"Stop harassing my patient Mr. Butt." Alia said playfully cutting the nipping the tension which had started formed in the room.

"Yes Mr. Butt, stop bullying my baaji." Meher added winking at Alia.

"You three always gang up." Arham muttered making the three young woman giggle.

"I'm heading home actually, if anyone wants a ride back I can -."

"Yeah, Meher needs one." Hooriya said quickly. "Take her, she has been here all night."

"Why are you sending me ? Even Arham has been here all night, send him away I can stay here." Meher protested.

"Agreed, but for now you go look pretty and come back and then we'll send him." Hooriya said.

"Alright." Meher said wanting not to argue. She stood up from the stool and turned towards Safa and Umair

"Aunty Uncle do you need me to get something for you ?"

"No beta, nothing." Umair said patting her head affectionately.

"Okay." Meher said nodding her head.

Yusuf turned around without a word and walked out of the room. Meher too turned to follow him.

"Come soon Meher." Hooriya called.