33.

TW : Chapter contains mature content, please skip if it does not suit well with the reader

Arham walked back inside the party after Yusuf left him alone in the parking lot. He looked around for Meher and found her talking to a lady. He quickly made his way through the crowd and interrupted the two ladies who were engaged in a conversation.

"Meher." He said drawing attention to himself. "I'm sorry but it's time to go home." He said giving the lady an apologetic smile.

"So soon ? We just came Arham." Meher complained.

"We have to go Meher." He said stressing enough to making Meher know there was no room open for discussion.

Meher bid the lady good bye and followed Arham out of the party back to the parking space where they had left their car. She could sense something was wrong with Arham but was too scared to ask him.

She quickly got into the passengers seat and strapped herself to the seat as Arham pulled the car out from the parking.

Meher looked at him who had his features contoured. Something was definitely up with him.

She watched the lights of the venue fade away, it had been a good few hours at the party.

She looked outside the window when it struck her.

"Arham wait." She said looking at Arham who had turned to to look at her sudden outburst. "We didn't inform Yusuf he would look around for us, we just left him alo-."

"Enough." Arham snapped leaving Meher taken aback but his sudden rude behaviour. "There is no need to inform him, he had already left."

"He left ? Without informing me ? Why did he leave so early it is his party technically."

"Meher can you NOT talk about Yusuf all the time." Arham snapped.

"Arham." Meher said softly. "Is everything okay ?" She asked.

"Yes Meher." He looked at her. "Everything is fine, I'm just a little tired." He said giving her a small smile.

"Okay. I'll make you a cup of coffee when we get home." She said giving him a broad smile, to which he gave her a nod.

"Do you mind if I switch it on." She asked and he nodded. Meher switched on the radio and adjusted the frequency to her favourite channel playing old melodies.

The rest of they way the two spent listening to old songs filing their silences.

•••

Arham parked the car and got out, Meher too followed him into the house. The house was lit dimly by the lights on the stairs, making just the silhouette of the furniture visible.

"I'll go make you that cup of coffee I promised." Meher said and went to the kitchen.

She switched on the coffee maker and listened carefully for Arham's fading footsteps.
When she heard the thud of the oak doors of their bedroom Meher rushed to fetch her phone from her clutch which was on the dining table.

Meher quickly punched in Yusuf's number and placed the phone on her ear.

Meher kept calling Yusuf only for him to ignore her calls. She had tried for a good five minutes before she accepted defeat. She collected Arham's coffee and her phone and headed up.

What could have happened that Arham's mood had changed so drastically, she was sure something had taken place in her absence.

Thinking about the two men Meher reached the doors of her room. She pushed the door open using her back as both her hands were occupied.