9.

Yusuf parked his Mercedes in front of a multi story building. He unbuckled himself opened the door and got down making his way towards the other side towards the passenger seat.

He pulled the door open and saw Meher still sitting with her seat belt on lost in her thoughts.

"Nur Jahan it's freezing and I don't want to make a trip back to the hospital as a patient, so common let's go up." He said looking at her.

Meher unbuckled herself and got out giving a small smile to Yusuf. She looked up and saw an unfamiliar residence.

"We aren't home ?" She said looking around and then at Yusuf.

"We are." He said with a smile. "But at mine. There is no one at the Butt mansion, can't leave you there alone so you'll be stuck with me for time being." 

"Aapne Arham se baat -."

"I have. I have told him and it's no big deal Nur, now let's go." He said and held her hand and pulled her along to the building reception.

"Assalam Walekum Yusuf bhai." The valet said with a smile.

"Walekum salam sher, ye le." He greeted and tossed his car keys towards him. "After you park please let the keys be at the reception." He said and pulled Meher towards the reception.

A man and a woman sat at the reception wearing a formal outfit looking like they worked at a corporate firm rather than at a building reception.

"Good evening sir." The lady greeted Yusuf in a flirtatious tone. Her eyes traveling from his face down his body to see his hand holding Meher's.

"Hey Afsa." He said with a smile. "Will you be a sweetheart and inform everyone that they are to not disturb me today at all, no maids, no guests, no crazy pretentious patients please." He said and she nodded. "Only let Arham in, if he turns up."

"Will that be all sir ?"

"Yes. Thanks sweet cheeks." He said winking at her making her blush.
"Nur Jahan come on." He said pulling her towards the elevator but was stopped by the receptionist.

"Sir." She called out loudly. "We'll have to make an entry for your uh guest." She spat. "Buildings policy."

"She isn't a guest don't worry." He said and punched the button of the elevator with this finger.

The glass door slid open and he entered inside with Meher.

"I'll have to let go your hand." He said and took his hand from Meher's and placed it on the glass plate on the side of the elevator wall.

"Welcome back Mr. Choudary." A robotic female voice greeted him, the voice made Meher jump.

"Relax Nur Jahan just the lift." He chucked.

"It speaks ?" She whispered.

"It does." He said in a whisper mimicking her.

The lift she realised started to move upwards.

"Yusuf." Meher said in confusion. "Why are there no buttons."

"Because my fingerprint acts like one, they will directly take me to my house." He said as the lift stopped.

"Kindly enter the passcode." The robotic voice chimed again and the glass plate turned into a numerical palate.

Yusuf punched in a four digit password and the doors pushed open, opening into a beautiful living room.

"Let's go." He said and stepped out of the glass elevator and Meher quickly jumped out of it too.

"Welcome to my humble abode Ms Nur Jahan." Yusuf said with a warm smile.