25.

Arham pulled the brakes in front of the house. Meher who was slurping on her second ice cream of the night frowned as her face plastered against her ice cream, her ice cream smearing on her nose and chin.

"Go easy on the brakes Mr. Butt." She said with a frown.

"Sorry." Arham replied sheepishly. He pulled out his handkerchief and handed it to Meher who whipped the ice cream off her face using it.

The two got down of the car in silence, except the sound of Meher licking up on her ice cream cone.

They walked in, Meher behind Arham.

"Oh before I forget." Arham said making Meher stop in her track.

"What." Meher said still licking her ice cream.

"We have a party to attend on 17th, Yusuf's hospital holds a charity ball every year so.."

"A ball ?" Meher squealed. "Really ?"

"Yes." Arham chuckled. "Find yourself a dress." He said.

"I will." Meher replied as the two entered the warmth of the house. The warm yellow lights giving a soft glow to their faces.

They walked up the stairs in silence, Meher following Arham . Standing in front of the heavy oak doors, Arham turned around to face Meher who looked at him with her doe eyes.

"I have work to do, I'll see you in the morning." He said and Meher nodded. She was use to having the entire room to herself and Arham spending the nights in his study working.

She walked past him and pushed the door open entering her room.

"Goodnight."

Meher turned around and gave Arham a smile. "Good night." She said closing the doors.

•••

Meher woke up as the sun fell on her face, lazily stretching her arms she pushed herself out of bed.

She turned her head to see the time on the clock by her bed side.

8:15 A.M

Meher quickly brushed her teeth and got down to get herself a cup of tea.

The sound of utensils had already reached her ear as she descended down the stairs.

"Gul please can you keep the kettle on the stove." She said entering the dinning area.

Arham sat at his usual seat going through his emails drinking his black coffee.

"Good morning." Meher wished Arham who looked up from his iPad and a frown etched across his face.

"Are these your work clothes ?" He asked her ignoring her pleasantries.

"Do you allow night suits to work ?" Meher replied back with sass cocking up her eyebrow at him.

"Well Ms. Haideri, I hope you know in exactly 27 minutes you have to reach office." He said with a smirk. "Tardiness isn't appreciated at the Butt corporates." He said switching off his iPad.

"Twenty..Twenty seven minutes ?" Meher chuckled humourlessly.

"Twenty six now." He said checking his wrist watch. "Office starts at 9 am, Monday to Saturday." He said pushing back his chair and getting up.

"You should have told me earlier. " Meher yelled springing up from her chair. "Or you could have at lease woken me up." She said. "I hate you." She whined before running back upstairs in haste leaving behind her husband who chuckled at her condition.