5.

tum itnā jo muskurā rahe ho
kyā ġham hai jis ko chhupā rahe ho
āñkhoñ meñ namī hañsī laboñ par
kyā haal hai kyā dikhā rahe ho
~Kaifi Azmi

•••

Meher entered through the oak doors into tastefully done bedroom. A huge Morden art chandelier was fixed on the ceiling, 'what was this obsession with chandelier'she thought.

The entire room was in the combination of green and violet, a huge teak wood bed was in the centre, on the right was the floor to ceiling window covered with a sheer white curtain, a low lying diwan was placed next to the window.

She carefully walked inside, turning her neck to see if she had left marks in the marbled floor, thankfully she hadn't.

"Bibi bag." The voice startled Meher and a squealed left her lips.

"You scared me." She said turning around towards the maid.
"Gulnaz ?"

"Ji Bibi." The maid said looking at Meher from head to toe narrowing her eyes at her. "Aur koi kaam nahi hai toh mai ja rahi hu." She said haughtily and left. (If there is nothing for me to do I'm leaving.)

Meher stared at the place Gulnaz had been till a few seconds ago, receiving such a hostile behaviour from the maid made her think what else was in store for her ?

Meher dragged the suitcase inside the room. Taking it towards the door she had seen on the left side of the bed, she guessed it to be the walk in wardrobe just like the one she had in her old house.

Pushing the door of the walk-in wardrobe she hauled her bag inside and placed it in the middle opening it to remove a pair of clothes to change into.

Meher took her clothes and entered the adjoining bathroom, luxury dripped from every corner.

Meher quickly took a warm bath, her muscles felt cramped and taut after the almost 10 hour long car ride.

She changed into her mal cotton pastel pink dress and combed her hair to look the most presentable she could.

She stepped into the wardrobe and prayed and wished that her husband had decided to give her her own space and leave her alone for some time.

As Meher poked her head out of the door she inspecting the room for his presence. After confirming that she was the only one in the room she quickly made a dash for the bed and got under the cover, resting her head against the head board and closing her eyes.

The travelling and the emotional baggage she had carried for so long had taken a toll on her, she slipped further down the bed and closed her eyes. Exhaustion had caught on to her and pulled her along to the world of dreams.

•••

It was past midnight and Hooriya was pacing the length of the foyer, Arham wasn't home yet.