15.

"Ohho Yusuf, hua kya hai ? You are so out of character today." Meher said clipping off the seat belt and then opened the door of the car to get out in front of the cafe Yusuf had parked.
(What's wrong)

"Nothing is wrong, let's go." He said pulling the glass door of the cafe open and gestured Meher to enter.

They were both lead by the manager to a booth in the busy cafe, and then were handed over each a menu to browse though.

"Thank you, give us a minute to order." Yusuf said politely dismissing the attendant.

"What do you want my fair lady ?" Yusuf asked in his usual flirtatious charming way.

"I don't know." Meher said with a pout. "I've never really been to such a fancy place." She said honestly.

"That's no big deal, I'll order for you then, if you don't mind." He said and skimmed through the leaflet. "So cold or hot ?"

"Cold."

"Ice cream kya kharab thi phir." He said grumbling making Meher laugh. (What was wrong with having ice cream then.)

"So coffee ya milkshake ?"

"Coffee ?"

"Chocolate ya caramel ?"

"Caramel."

"It's a salted caramel frappe then." He said with a look of triumph on his face.

"Excuse me." He said calling out to the attendant. "A salted caramel frappe and one white choco mocha."

"Sure sir, anything else ?"

"That would be all for now. Thank you."

Once the attendant left the two alone, Yusuf leaned forward on the table extending his hand and wrapped Meher's hand in his.

"How are you Nur." He asked seriously looking into her eyes to read them.

"I'm fine Yusuf, no I'm great." She said truthfully. "Mujhe kya hoga ?" (What will happen to me )

"Nur Jahan, I've known you for just less than a week but, but you are my best friend okay, just like Arham and Hooriya, I'm always there for you Nur, I care for you deeply and I would never never never hurt you intentionally." He said truthfully.

"Yusuf." She said seriously. "You are scaring me, what is wrong Yusuf ? Are you alright ? Is Arham alright ?" She asked panic laced in her voice.

"Usse kya hoga." He scoffed. (What will happen to him)

"Yusuf." Meher said giving him a pointed look. "Tell me what's wrong Yusuf please."

"Nur, I .. I really care about you okay, and I didn't want to be the one to tell you this but, I... Nur , Arham is al-."

"Sir your order." The barista said chirpy, interrupting the two and preventing Yusuf from telling her the truth.

"Thank you." He said giving the barista a small smile who very sneakily pushed a tissue under his cup which had her number written on it.

As the intruder left Meher leaned in and held Yusuf's hand to grab his attention.

"Tell me." She said seriously.