43.

Arham had been given another shot of sedative on suggestion of the psychologist. Yusuf and Meher has sat on the couch the entire night not exchanging any words.

The morning Adhan (prayer call) made the two finally move from their spots.
Yusuf left the room to pray in the prayer room in the hospital whereas Meher did her wudu (ablution) and used the floor carpet as a prayer mat. She used her dupatta to cover her head and body and got down on her knees to pray.

She silently prayed to her god, for he was the only one she had right now, it was true, nobody loves you more than he does. So she would move on in life with her Allah in her heart and her faith in him and him only.

She raised her hand in dua.
'Give me peace mere rabb, and the strength to look at all of them without feeling any ill feeling towards them, for even if they brought me in their lives for their own selfish reasons they have given me love I've never received before. Give me patience and tolerance so I can move past this phase of my life as well, I know with you by my side I will, be with me always mere maula.'

She opened her eyes still in Sajda, the heaviness and darkness surrounding her heart since yesterday had left her, she felt lighter, like there was still hope in the world, like things could still be okay.

"Kya maanga khuda se?" Hooriya asked looking at Meher who still sat on her prayer mat. (What did you ask from him ?)

"Nawazaazish, sabr , sukoon aur maazarat."
(Kindness, patience, peace and forgiveness)

"Voh toh sab tumhe hai he Meher." Hooriya said. (You poses all of that already Meher.)

"Not anymore." Meher replied getting up.

"Nafrat ho gayi hogi na mujhse ?" (Dont you must hate me now.)

"Kaash ho paati toh ye takleef thodi cum toh hoti." (I wish I could, at least I wouldn't hurt so much then.)

"Apno ke diye zakhm kaatilana hote hai Hooriya baaji, aur agar jaan na jaye toh rooh ko toh maar he dete hai." (The wounds given to you by your family are the worst, they kill you and even if they don't kill you they crush your soul)

"Muaf kar do Meher, I've spoilt your life." (Forgive me.)

"I forgive you Hooriya Baaji, when Allah can forgive us all, who am I to not forgive you." Meher said, she walked towards Hooriya's bed and sat down on the stool. She took Hooriya's hand in hers and kissed the back of her palm.

"You gave me love which my own mother had kept me devoid of, you gave me a family, a name, hope, love so I'll remember you for all these things rather than for the pain and betrayal, it will take time for me to get over this but never will I hate you, I will always love you, you are like an older sister to me, you have mothered me, I will always love you." She said as a stray tear left her eyes.
"But hooriya baaji if you ask me to take your place, be your husband's wife, I can't." Meher whispered.

Meher looked at Hooriya who was silently sobbing, she had killed the innocent girl Meher had once been, she had taken away the most precious thing away from her and here Meher was forgiving her for robbing everything away from her.

"I hope Allah forgives me too Meher." She said her voice cracking. "I don't know how I'll face him."

"You'll face him bravely, you are a beautiful soul hooriya baaji, don't forget you are only human and we are allowed to make mistakes, don't worry, you are okay, we are okay." She said holding Hooriya's hand in hers.

The loud sqeeking of the door made the two woman turn around to face Safa and Yusuf.

Safa walked in with a small smile on her face.