26.

"So you not only know Yusuf Choudary but you are also accompanying him for the ball." Eira said finger quoting the ball.

"Y..yes ?" Meher said with confusion. What was the big deal about Yusuf and this "ball".

"Allah, what would I not give to be in your place right now my little aloof doe." Eira said dramatically.

"What are you wearing for the ball Meher ?" Zara asked curiously.

"I don't know." Meher said shrugging her shoulders. "I've not really thought about it, I'll find something in my wardrobe." She replied.

"What ?" Eira exclaimed dramtically. "Tell me you are joking ?" She said.

"No ?"

"Allah miya ye kaisi ladki hai ?" Eira sighed (What's wrong with this girl)

"What have I done ?" Meher asked confused.

"Ms Haideri, if you haven't realised it yet, realise it now. The charity ball you are invited to and are attending is one the most, MOST important and elite function in Pakistan. Top business men, actors, politicians, directors and financiers are going to be part of this function." Fahim informed her.

"Uh really ?"

"Yes really." Came a chorus answer.

"Well then in I'm in trouble." She said visibly gulping.

The four exchange a knowing look and communicated with each other in silence, Meher looked at them with utter confusion.

"There are three more days, three entire days and five pair of efficient hands." Arsal said.

"If you are okay with the idea of wearing something we design, you will-."

"Yes." Meher interrupted Zara. "Of course I will wear what you make for me but-."

"There are no But's after this. Beta team to Meher's rescue." Eira announced. "Let's start planning."

And so team beta had left behind what they were meant to do, to undertake project Meher.

Three hours of discussion later, Meher's outfit was sketched on the paper.

"So Zara and I will acquire the fabric for the outfit. Eira and Meher find the perfect dye to get the fabric tinted and Fahim look for the perfect jewellery." Arsal said and pulled Zara out of the Beta room.

"Let's go partner." Eira said enthusiastically and pulled Meher out too.

She brought Meher to room Epsilon to fetch the correct dye.
Eira greeted the three people sitting in the room and pulled Meher along herself to the back where huge cauldrons of pots and large wooden stirrers sat with a stack of white clothes.

"Let's do this." Eira

•••

It was an hour after lunch that Meher's phone buzzed. She looked at the screen and her eyes widened for a second.

"I need to take this call, it's from home." She said and excused herself.
Walking to the other corner of the room she received the call.

"Hello ?"

"Are you done with lunch ?"

"I am." Meher replied.

"Good, by what time will you leave the office Meher, you don't have to work here full time you are just interning and you have studies as well." Arham said.