32

Meher and Arham had resolved their differences in the past three days, although Arham was disturbed after meeting Hooriya and her words had pierced his heart he had decided to give that matter a rest till the charity ball and then begin to find out the whereabouts of Hooriya again.

It was the day of the ball, Meher had come early since she was just a part time intern and had also almost finished her design with Zara. She had brought along with her her outfit for the evening.

Meher was scared, it was her first time attending a ball, and her first appearance with Arham.

After an hour long bath, Meher stepped out of the bathroom and dried her hair and did her makeup.

Meher was never a fan of wearing too much makeup and decided to stick with a light minimum makeup but added a velvety red lipstick to pop her features out. She tied her hair in a slicked back middle parted pony tail.

She knew her outfit wasn't "conventional" but she loved what they had created her her.

It was a saree, a midnight blue Pintex ruffled Saree with a black velvet halter neck blouse.

She wore simple silver dangling earring and staples on her black heels.

She checked her watch, it was almost seven and Arham would be here to pick her up soon

Arham who had a meeting till late had decided to get dressed at the office and pick Meher up for the event.

A knock at the door made Meher take a last look at herself and then turn around.

"Come in." She said.

The door opened and Gul stepped inside. She looked at Meher from top to bottom with scrutinising gaze.

"MashAllah you look very pretty Meher Bibi." Gul said. She stepped forward and smudged some khol from the corner of her eyes on her finger and applied it behind Meher's ear.
"May Allah miya keep you away from all evil eyes." She said.

"Thank you Gul." Meher said bashfully.

"Arham bhai has come and is waiting for you." She informed Meher and Meher nodded.

"I'll be down in a minute." Meher replied. She turned around and picked up her black clutch and slid her phone inside the purse. She looked at herself one last time before descending down the stairs.

She could hear Arham's voice as she descended down. As she walked down the last step she could see his taut back clad in the black tuxedo they had chosen for him. It for him snuggly.

Meher waited for Arham to finish his call before making her presence known.

"Ahem." Meher cleared her throat. Arham turned around to face Meher.

Meher looked at him and appreciated the minimum effort Arham had taken. His hair were pushed back in a quiff and jelled well. His bow tie was undone and rested on the nape of his neck, the five o'clock shadow added to his appealing look.