31.

Arham stood there at the spot for Allah knows how long. Hooriya's words were ringing in his head, his own thoughts were running a hundred miles per hour.

He didn't know where his feet were taking him but he kept walking, walking to run away from Hooriya's lies which were projected as the truth in front of him.

Arham had probably walked for an hour, aimlessly before he stopped in front of a Mazaar.

Slipping out of his shoes he quickly climbed the marble steps and walked towards the Dargah.
He didn't know why he was there, how he had reached there, but he knew he had to be here at this very moment, this was the only place which could give him that ounce of peace he was desperate for.

He bowed down and kneeled, to make his dua. What should he ask Allah for, he had everything he had ever wished for, the only person he always wished for was his Hoor and she today had made it very clear that she wanted nothing to do with him, she wanted to separate herself from him, she had even asked him for a divorce.

A helpless tear slipped from his eye and rolled down his cheek. He felt hollow, numb, he felt dead.

A hand pressed on Arham's shoulder making him open his eyes. He blinked his tears away, the pain in his chest wanted him to give up everything.

"Kya hua mere bacche?" A quivering yet strong voice asked him. (What's wrong child)

He looked behind to find an old man in tattered clothes looking at him with a smile.

Arham opened his mouth to reply but nothing came out of his mouth.

"Jo bhi mushkilat hai beta Allah sab theek kar dega, bharosa rakh usspar. Uski har saza me bhi jaza hai. Uske Kun se jab fayakun ki ladi milti hai, tab lamho me taqdeere badal jaati hai. Bharosa rakh mere bacche voh jo kareyga bhetari ke liye he kareyga."

(Whatever problems you are facing my child, he will make everything better. Understand that even in these difficult times there is a reward waiting for you at the end. Have patience and wait for him to make things alright, have faith and he will reward you.)

Arham bowed his head and listened to the fakir, he knew all he could do was believe and have faith in his Allah.

•••

The sound of door closing was what woke Yusuf up. He had fallen sleep sitting on the couch next to Meher who was still curled into a ball. He looked at her sleeping figure and smiled, she looked so innocent, so untouched from the world's cruel clutches, he wanted nothing more than to protect her, save her innocence forever.

He moved Meher out of his embrace and got up from the couch to check on the noise which had woken him up. He walked around his house, his kitchen and gaming room where empty and so was his bedroom, he walked towards the guest bedroom and knocked on the door.

"Alia !" He called out. "Alia."

Getting no response he pushed open the door and stepped inside. The room looked untouched, like nobody had stayed in it the night before. An envelope was kept at the foot end of the bed addressed to Yusuf. He recognised the handwriting well, it was from Alia.

Tearing the envelope he removed the letter and opened it. Her beautiful cursive handwriting greeted him.

'Salam Yusuf,
Considering you are reading this letter, I have left your apartment successfully without waking either of you up.
I have left from there taking along with me the tiniest bit of hope of ever having an us again.
I know, the idea of even an 'us' today to you would be horrifying, you are a man in love and the thought of either of you being with anybody else even to me too sounds ridiculous, the two of you are made for each other.