10.

Meher woke up to the smell of freshly baked bread and brewing tea.
She quickly dashed to the bathroom and freshened herself up and made her way to the kitchen following the trail of the wonderful inviting aroma.

"Good morning Nur Jahan." Yusuf greeted her as she entered the kitchen. "Breakfast is ready my lady!"

"Good morning Yusuf." She replied. "You shouldn't have troubled yourself with this." She said standing next to him as he flipped the eggs on the pan.

"Oh please ! It's no trouble at all, had I not been a doctor I'd happily be a chef." He said emptying the perfect looking fried eggs on the plate and poured a cup of coffee and one cup of tea.

"Let's go." He said picking up the tray and leaded the way towards the dining table.
After the two settled down and helped them self with the the breakfast, Yusuf looked at Meher and smiled.

"There is a something I've to tell you."

"Hmm."

"Hooriya is awake." He said taking the last sip of his beverage.

"Really ?" Meher said placing down her cutlery, a wide smile gracing her lips.

"Yes really. It wasn't anything to fret about, the doctor said it's stress and lack of proper rest." He informed her.

"When can I meet her?" Meher asked hopefully.

"Well that depends on how long you take to get ready." He said coyly. "She is being discharged and should reach the Butt mansion in...about 20 minutes." Yusuf said checking his watch.

"I'll be quick." She said and hopped out of the chair collecting all the plates from the table before being stopped by Yusuf's hand that held hers in the process of picking up a cup.

"You, get ready. I'll take care of this." He said taking the plates from her hand.

"Let me help you." She said with an adorable pout. "We'll work faster together, team work." She said trying to convince him.

"Alright alright, stop pouting like a child." He said and pinched her nose playfully making her laugh.

The two quickly put all the dishes and pans in the dishwasher and cleaned the breakfast table and kitchen counter, heading towards their respective rooms to get dressed for the day.

Fifteen minutes later, Meher stepped out of her room in a maroon kurta with beige trousers and an organza dupatta that did not quite match but it would have to do for time being. She saw Yusuf dressed in a light blue shirt that fit him snuggly and dark navy blue trousers with brown shoes, if Yusuf wasn't a doctor or a chef he could certainly be a model.

"...get doctor Rabiya to suture the laceration and get an MRI done before I reach." Yusuf as usual was on his phone barking intrusions to his juniors. For someone as childish and fun loving as Yusuf, the calm, collected and composed mask Yusuf wore when doing his doctor duties made him seem foreign nevertheless Meher appreciate his dedication to his work.

"Ah mohratma ready hai aap." (Oh you are ready ?)

"Ji bilkul, chaley ?" (I am, let's go.)

Yusuf slid his phone into his pocket and picked up a couple of sleek flies kept on the coffee table and nodded at her.

After a yet another amusing lift journey down for Meher they reached the reception where different faces greeted them today.

"Good morning sir, ma'am." The young man behind the desk said with a wide smile.

"Good morning to you too." Yusuf said and Meher just smiled at him. "Please can you get my car out."

"Sure sir." He said and picked up the phone and punched three numbers into it. "Dr. Chaudhary is here, get his car outside please." He said and returned to two and informed them that the car would be outside in a minute. Thanking him Yusuf took hold of Meher's hand and pulled her outside along with him.