38.

Monday morning blue were really a thing. Meher opened one eyes and the harsh sunlight made her groan.

The sound of soft laughter made her sit up on her bed. She opened her eyes to see Arham looking at her shaking his head, laughing.

"Don't laugh." Meher whined.

"You need to get up and get ready, it's 8 am already." Arham said walking towards her while buttoning his cuff.

"8 ?" Meher said alarmed.

"Yes." Ahram replied and laid a small kiss on her forehead.

"Oh my god I'm late." She said throwing herself off the bed. "We have an appointment with you at 10:30 for showing the final designs today." Meher said running into the bathroom.

Arham followed her in.

Meher pulled out the T-shirt and pushed down the pyjamas she wore and stepped into the shower.

"If you want I can reschedule the meeting, don't stress."

"Arham ! Turn around." Meher yelled. "And no I don't want to take advantage of my husband being my boss, remember we don't mix personal and professional life." She said.

"If you say so." He said walking towards Meher with a sly smile on his face. "But what if the boss is late because he's too busy taking shower with his wife and they take things further from-."

"No." Meher said splashing water at him. "Go away now." She let out a laugh.

"Fine, come down quickly I'm hungry." He said taking one last eyeful of her before making his way to the ground floor.

Meher took a quick shower and slipped into a light pink cotton kurta and matching pants, she quickly lined her eyes with kohl and braided her hair before picking up her bag and phone.

Meher join Arham for a quick breakfast, she has thirty minutes with her reach office. Meher got up from her chair and picked her bag.

"Finish your breakfast, I have to leave or I'll be late." She said turning around.

"You haven't eaten properly Meher." Arham's voice made her stop.

"I'll have an early lunch."

"Okay." He said getting up from the chair and walked towards her. "Best of luck, impress your boss." He said with a small smirk and pressed his lips gently on hers.

"I'm getting late." Meher said pulling away from the kiss. "Allah hafiz." She said running out of the house leaving behind Arham who smiled as he finished his breakfast.

•••

Meher reached her office with still five minutes to spare.
She pushed open the glass door of the beta room and saw the chaos which was in front of her.

"Oh thank god you are here." Eira said pulling Meher into a bone crushing hug.

"Eira, can't breath." Meher squealed.

"Ops sorry." She said releasing Meher. "Help me with the last minute touches. Seher is busy with other work and I have nobody to help me, Arsal has taken Zara away to help him and I -."

"Okay okay, let's go." Meher cut Eira's rant.

"Thanks. And you look gorgeous today." Eira said pulling her towards her counter.