Class Trail

Kiyos pov

We all took our places at the stands for the class trail. I didn't want to do this. I wanted it all to be a bad dream but I had to accept it as reality or we're all going to die!

"so what do we do?" hataro asked.

"oh we should start with the cause of death and the murder weapon! That's what they always do in those old detective shows!" madori said excitedly. She dose realise our lives are at stake right?

"Well the cause of death was blunt force trauma" I stated.

"how do you know that" oda asked

"I checked the head wound"

"eww you checked the head wound your a real freak aren't you" merida said cruely.

"I had to conferm her cause of death!" I defended myself.

"yeah that's right you leave my kiyo alone you bitch!" aoi yelled.

"I'm not you kiyo!" I argued.

"I personally think it's amazing that you would go so far as to have a better understanding of the case. You certainly are admirable" taro said looking like he was actually having fun?

"Umm thank you?" I said looking uncomfortable

"anyway the weapon was this rusty pipe" legoshi said dragging everyone's attention back to the trail.

"that wasn't at the seance of the crime where the hell ya get it?" dalya asked.

"riku found it under the floorboards" I explained.

"grr I already told you terminator found it you stupid human!" riku yelled.

"oh your doggy found it he must be really smart!" madori said "but he must also have a smart trainer to teach him those things"

"Umm thank you woof" riku said pulling his hat down to cover his blush. That's an odd reaction for the boy!

"anyway kay was definitely killed by this rusty pipe. Someone probably bashed her over the head while she wasn't looking" I muttered.

"so we know how she died but where does that get us?" yuka said bitterly "any of us could have done that!"

"actually I might have a way to narrow down the suspects"

"really? How?" cala asked

"I witnessed merada try and kill cala last night"

Everyone gasped

"then that's it meradas definitely the killer" legoshi yelled.

"wait hold on" merada said shakenly "sure I may have tried to kill her but I didn't kill kay I swear!"

"a desperate excuse" legoshi glared at her.

"no actually I believe her" I spoke up.

"eh? Really?" midori said raising her eyebrow at me.

"yeah bro you just said that she tried to kill cala" dalya said.

"yeah but think about it I witnessed her try and kill someone. To try and kill someone again is stupid! She'd get caught immediately" I explained.

"ok then who did it?" kaido asked.

I sighed. Legoshis not going to like this. "I'm afraid the only other suspect is cala"

Everyone gasped.

"Kiyo how could you say that" legoshi said angrily.

"I wouldn't say it without proof" I said quickly "cala was the only one who knew about the pipe so she our most liable suspect"

"that's bullshit!" legoshi glared at me.

I sighed. I'm not getting through to any of them. I turned to cala "come on cala I know you care about legoshi. You don't want him to die do you?"

"leave her out of-"

"it's alright legoshi" cala sighed "it's true I did kill her" all life drained out of legoshis face at that moment "I thought I could betray you all no problem. Your all strangers to me after all but seeing you all fight so hard to survive. I don't think I could live with myself if I let you all die here" she let out a sigh " Well shall we start with the votes?"

"hey hold on" legoshi pleaded.

"let's start with the vote already"

"hey I'm asking you to stop!"

"voting time starts now!"

"nooooo"

.................................

"Well you guessed correctly kids the killer was indeed ultimate peanist cala marine!"

Cala sighed "when merada tried to kill me I was stuck with all these paranoid thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about who would try and kill me next. So I went to the music room. Playing piano always helped me calm down after all but kay was already there. In my head she had already planned to kill me so I decided to kill her first" it sounded like she was forcing the words out.

Legoshi walked up and hugged her "I forgive you. I just wish you didn't have to go" he sobbed onto her shoulder.

"I'm sorry legoshi" cala sobbed.

"alright let's give it everything we got iiiiiits punishment Time!"

A chain wrapped around her neck and dragged her away. She was placed in front of a piano with her hands tied to the keys. A heavy looking weight hung over her head. The ropes forced her to play the piano and every time she played a key the weight inched closer towards her. She tried everything to stop the weight. She bit the ropes, she tried pulling her hands away, she even bashed her head against the piano but nothing worked and the weight fell on her head killing her.

I couldn't stop shaking. Two people died tonight one I had to watch die. Legoshi was in a terrible state. I walked up and patted his shoulder reassuringly

"come on legoshi let's get some rest"

"I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight" he muttered

I sighed "legoshi your my best friend and I care about you deeply. I promise we'll get through this nightmare somehow"

He pulled me into a hug and broke down. I can't let legoshi and the others die like cala did. I have to do my best to protect them so a tragedy like this doesn't happen again.