Staying Strong

Kiyos pov

I walked silently into the dining room to find everyone surrounding something. That something was riku.

"my name is riku dio. I am a simple dog trainer who has been around dogs most of his life and hasn't had much human contact. Regardless I wish to help everyone escape this nightmare before anymore life's are taken" this is very different from the strange talking riku that we had grown use to. He must have really taken madoris words to heart.

Legoshis smiled at him and tried to pet his head but he backed away trembling violently "don't touch me" he begged tearing up.

"easy riku we won't touch you if you don't want me to" I said reassuringly. I was starting to wonder what kind of trauma this kids been though to be this closed off from the human world. Now that I think about it he let madori hug him goodbye. He must have really trusted her.

Riku seemed to have calm down slightly. "do you want to sit with us" I asked. He reluctantly nodded. We sat with him and were very careful not to touch or push him too far. The last thing we want is for him to crawl back into his shell.

"hey hataro your so dumb rocks look smart compared to you" Meradas mocking voice rang out through the dining hall.

"haha good one!" hataro grinned.

Merada sighed "you know your supposed to be insulted by what I say. How come you never are"

"it goes agenst what I believe in" hataro explain "I believe you should never be cruel to anyone even when their cruel to you and it would be annoying if I got upset by every mean thing people said to me so I laugh it off like it's a joke!"

"your weird but I kinda like you" merida grinned.

It was nice to see everyone getting along for once. It reminded me that we're not enamies out to get each other but friends who need to work together. Maybe everything will be ok now.