Learning To Trust

Takas pov

The bad things grandpa done has made everyone hate us. Some people even demanded that daddy quits his job at the police and mommy left us. I hate seeing daddy struggle like this so I'm going to do my best and win over kokichi like I promised.

I saw kokichi sitting at the living room table drawing something.

"hey kichi what are you drawing?" I asked.

"I'm drawing mommy in heaven" he muttered.

"wow its a really pretty drawing" I complemented him.

"really" he asked.

"yep! You gave it your all so I'm very proud of you!" he suddenly hugged me.

"I still miss mommy but I like you big brother" he muttered into my chest.

"I like you too kichi" I said hugging him back.

"Big bro?"

"yeah?"

"can we go visit mommy's grave so I can show her my picture?"

"I'm sure you can kokichi but not right now. Daddy's working" I explained gently.

"ok I'll save it till we can visit" kokichi grinned. Kokichi was only two and a half years old and yet he was still super smart and mature. I was so proud of him.

Daddy came in and saw us bonding. He gave me one of those proud smiles I love to get and went to his office to work. I hugged kokichi close feeling happy for the first time since mommy left.