Back Home

Kiyos pov

Two days later

I lay in bed quietly thinking to myself. It felt so strange being back. I kept thinking that I'd wake up and be back in the killing game.

My dad knocked on the door with a gentle smile. "hey bud. Can I come in?"

"sure dad I could use the distraction"

He lay down next to me in bed. "so what's on your mind?"

I sighed "I don't know it just feels weird being back here"

"I know kid. I've been in a killing game too and it dose feel strange at first but you do get used to it"

"really?"

"really!" he pulled me into a hug with tears running down his face "Kiyo I lost so much in that killing game. You and your uncle kokichi and grampa were the only thing that kept me strong but the thought of you being placed in a killing game broke me all over again!"

"oh papa" I hugged into his chest sobbing a little. We've been through so much as a family. The killing game robbed us of so much and so many people we loved died. I never realised how badly it hurt until I was placed in a killing game of my own.

My new mom aoi came in with a smile. "hey how are my two favourite boys doing?"

"oh we're fine hun just a little teary eyed" dad said wiping the tears from his face.

She sat in between us, her stomach bulging out thanks to the pregnancy. Oh that's right I'm going to be a big brother soon!

"my boys" she muttered pulling us both in for a hug. I lay down with my family feeling safer than I have in weeks.